The Kruskamp Chronicle: 9/16/16
5th grade news and more...
Practice Looking in the Pantry for Parts of Speech
Next week in...
- Science: Why are genetics important?
- Reading: Similes and metaphors are examples of figurative language.
- Word Work: We'll study words with "igh". (ex, light, might, night)
- Writing: We are publishing our realistic fiction writing samples.
- Grammar: How do we keep our verbs in the past tense when our story takes place in the past?
- Math: How is division the reverse of multiplication?
Just as a reminder, we are now requesting that when a student is absent from school, documentation such as, a note signed* by the parent/guardian or a doctor's excuse stating reason for absence is needed within 48 hours of return.
*an e-mail will also be considered a signed note
9/21-9/23, begins at 8:30 AM
EARLY RELEASE & Parent/Teacher Conferences:
Early Release, 9/28 and 9/29
Book Fair Browsing:
Book Fair Buying:
DA (District Assessment) Testing:
10/3-7 (more info to come)