Through Read Alouds, Shared, and Guided Reading
October 28, 2016 / San Antonio, TX
Shared, Guided, & Independent Reading!
Specifically Designed for Grades K-6
- Balanced Literacy Instruction
- Powerful Interactive Read Alouds
- Shared and Performance Reading
- Close Reading Strategies
- Effective Guided Reading Instruction
- Writing to Respond to Reading
- Grouping Strategies
- Fluency Practice Ideas
- Independent Reading Ideas
- Choosing "Just Right Texts"
- Lesson Planning Tips
- Literacy Management Strategies
- Model Lessons
- Critical Reading VS. Close Reading
- Text Resource Suggestions
- Small Group Instruction Strategies
- Formative Assessments
- Processing and Practicing Strategies
- Mind-set Research
- AND MUCH MORE!
Meet The Presenter
Kelly Harmon, MAEd, is an international educational consultant with more than 25 years of experience working in early childhood to university level classrooms. Her passion for learning as led her from teaching to leadership roles. In 1998, she began working with districts and campuses in South Texas, providing grant management, literacy workshops, and instructional coaching. In 2002, she joined the Bureau of Education and Research (BER) to present seminars for literacy and technology across the United States and Canada. In 2012, Learning Sciences International Marzano Center invited her to join their team as a staff developer for the Marzano Evaluation Model and the Essentials of Rigor. Ms. Harmon earned her master’s degree at the University of Texas, San Antonio. She is co-author with Dr. Robert J. Marzano of Practicing Skills, Strategies, & Processes: Classroom Techniques to Help Students Develop Proficiency.
"Wonderful workshop! Wish we had another day to learn even more!"- Jennifer, TX
"Very informative and engaging seminar!" -Sarah, TX
Empowering Readers Through Read Alouds and Shared & Guided Reading Workshop
Friday, Oct. 28th, 8:30am
850 Halm Boulevard
San Antonio, TX
8:00am - 8:30am Registration
8:30am - 11:45am Morning Session
11:45am -1:00pm Lunch on Your Own
1:00pm - 3:30pm Afternoon Session
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Register 3 or more staff members and receive a 10% discount.
Principals attend FREE with the registration of 3 or more staff members.
You can register by Faxing, Calling, or Emailing your registration form in.
Purchase Orders are accepted.
Please Make Checks or Purchase Orders out to
Kelly Harmon & Associates
Call (817) 583-1290
Fax (972) 369-7327
For more Information please contact us today!
Check Out Kelly Harmon's New Book!
Kelly Harmon & Robert Marzano teamed up to write Practicing Skills, Strategies, & Processes. The book is part of the Essentials for Achieving Rigor Series.
Practicing Skills, Strategies, & Processes: Classroom Techniques to Help Students Develop Proficiency explores explicit techniques for mastering this crucial strategy of instructional practice. It includes:
- Explicit steps for implementation
- Recommendations for monitoring students’ ability to develop fluent thinking
- Adaptations for students who struggle, have special needs, or excel in learning
- Examples and non-examples from classroom practice
- Common mistakes and ways to avoid them