Parent/ Guardian Informational Newsletter: October
A Message from Dr. Debity
Dear TPES Students and Families,
We have had a busy start to this school year, and it is amazing that we are already finishing up the first nine weeks! Our students are doing a wonderful job, and teachers in all grade levels have been working diligently to help our students learn and grow. Please remember that all students should be reading at home every night. This is one of the best ways to reinforce learning.
I would like to thank everyone who attended our first PTO meeting of the year in September. We are looking forward to expanding our PTO membership and the opportunities that we can provide to our students. I would like to encourage you to participate in any way that you can. Don't forget that our Fall Carnival is just around the corner on October 25. I look forward to seeing everyone there and at our next PTO meeting, which is scheduled for 5:30 on Tuesday, October 18th. On behalf of the TPES faculty and staff, I thank you for sharing your children with us and for your continued support in their academic success.
Happy Fall Break!
Dr. Sheryl Debity, Principal
Skyward Family Access
Please click on this link to fill out a form if you need a new account or need your password reset.
- Visit the above link if you need to establish a new account or are locked out and need the account reset.
- Use the same account from last year if you already have one.
- There are student accounts and parent accounts. Please keep those separate and not share within the family. This is causing parents and students to accidentally lock each other out.
- Students must use their school email.
- Sign-ups for new accounts are posted on our website, and we will also share on Facebook and Class Dojo.
- Please allow 2-3 business days for processing. Remember to check your inbox, spam, or clutter folders for a response from Skyward or a faculty member.
With the first nine weeks of school already behind us, we want to keep working toward everyone having a great year at TPES. Research has shown that students who miss even a few days of school each month are at far greater risk of academic failure and dropout than students who attend regularly.
We have set a goal that every student in our school attends regularly (has nine or fewer absences in a year). Please send your child to school every day unless he/she has a contagious illness or is running a fever.
What do I need to do if my child is not feeling well:
1) If your child saw a doctor for illness, please provide a doctor's note when student returns.
2) If your child was ill but did not see a doctor, you are allotted 5 parent notes you can submit. Please try to get these submitted within 3 days of your child’s absence.
*Students with chronic absences (students who miss 10% or more days school is in session) will receive attendance letters and communication from the Assistant Principal, Mrs. Duncan. Possible recommendation to truancy court can take place for chronic absences, especially those that are not verified.
August & September Students of the Month
October 18 - PTO Meeting @5:30
October 20 - 1st grade Field Trip
October 21 - Report Cards
October 21 - Wear Purple for Rett Awareness
October 25 - PTO Fall Carnival @4-7 p.m.
October 28 - Fall Picture Retakes & Sports Pictures
October 31 - Halloween Dance @3-4:30
November 8 - Staff Development Day