A+ Arts Academy Napoleon
Read It Here First!
8/22/2021 - Week 2 - MAP Testing
Thank you for an amazing start to the school year. It's been wonderful reuniting with and meeting your children! Thank you for getting your scholars to school on-time! Please continue this effort this week as we will beginning MAP testing at 8:00 AM with the following schedule:
Tuesday - 7th Reading
Wednesday - 7th Math
Thursday - 8th Reading
Friday - 8th Math
All other classes will continue as normal. We look forward to seeing everyone in attendance.
Families, data from the testing will be sent home with your child the week of August 30th.
Families, please make note;
beginning Monday, August 23rd, for safety and security purposes early dismissal will NOT be allowed after 2:15 pm.
Also, please remember the following:
1. COVID Guidelines: All scholars and staff must wear masks in the building. Please make sure your child has their own mask.
Visitors will not be allowed in the building during school hours. This is for the health and safety of all scholars and staff. This includes parents/guardians. If you have a specific need we will meet you at the front door to best serve you.
Your scholar may bring a refillable water bottle to school as we now have COVID safe, touchless drinking fountains.
2. Transportation: We know that there may some issues tomorrow with transportation. As much as we would like to help you with every need, the best way for you to get the information you need is to call 614-365-5074. Please communicate to us anything you learn so we can best support you and other parents.
3. Uniform - Please make sure your scholar is in uniform tomorrow. Black polo top, black or khaki bottoms (no leggings), any shoes (no slides). If you are in need of any support with these items, please do not hesitate to ask.
4. Cell Phones - scholar's cell phones must be in their lockers during school hours. Those that did not make it to orientation will receive the cell phone policy tomorrow.
Tuesday, Sep. 7th, 6pm
270 South Napoleon Avenue, Columbus, OH, USA (ZOOM Option as well)
- Led by families for families
- Join us the first Tuesday evening of every month to learn from and connect with other A+ Arts Academy parents.
- The goal is to maintain an open dialogue with families and the school as well as offer the opportunity to build connections with community members and local businesses in order to connect parents, scholars and staff to community resources, to increase growth for all.
Please join us because your input is INVALUABLE!
From the office
From Your Teachers
Reading Intervention Newsletter
Check Out OurTeacher's Pages!
Science: Welcome 7th graders! Welcome back 8th graders! I am very excited to begin our science journey this school year. Make sure to get your class supplies (a notebook and set of headphones)! Check your A+ email for Google Classroom invites. Our first assignment this year will be the completion of the Parent and Student surveys! Please see Google Classroom and our class webpage for more information: https://sites.google.com/phalenacademies.org/napoleon78/ms-brewington
All Classes: General school supplies that your scholar prefers
Drumline: Ralph Hardimon snare sticks and practice pad. Available at Columbus Percussion or Amazon
Art Class - black sharpie, ruler, colored pencils
Science Class - headphones
Math Class - composition notebook, folders, calculator https://www.staples.com/Texas-Instruments-TI-30XIIS-Scientific-Calculator-Blue/product_382647?back=true
From The Community
Please Follow Us - Don't Miss Out!
Click the IG Logo!Napoleon's Private IG: @aplusartsacademy
Arts Arts Academy Junior High
Announcements and scholar shoutouts to be posted!