The Wednesday Whim
Week of January 25
The vision of Rasor Elementary is to inspire our students to be lifelong learners and empower them to meet the challenges of the future, adapt to change, and exercise critical judgment, becoming global citizens capable of utilizing tomorrow's resources and technology responsibly.
Motto: Educate for success, inspiring excellence.
Important Information to Know
We would love every student to vote in the following survey to see who they think will win the Super Bowl. Carolina Panthers or Denver Broncos. We will then take the survey and show them how we can incorporate math into sports. We will show a bar graph and a pie chart with the school results of the survey. Thanks, in advance, for letting your students go online and use the site below to vote. www.tinyurl.com/rasorsuperbowl
- If you are interested in acquiring items for school through Go Fund Me, please take note this MUST be approved by administration at central office; these cannot be done on your own. Please come talk to us if you have an idea for this type of fundraising.
- Please remember that the students need to stack their chair each day during dimissal.
- We just ordered incredible treasures for the Principal Treasure box. As soon as the fun arrives, we will begin Principal Treasure Box.
- Staci will be coming around to collect the Principal Lunch passes. Please make sure the student name and teacher name are on the back.
- Make sure you are sending down notes about absences from home first thing in the morning.
Upcoming Important Dates - Busy, busy!
- Wednesday, January 26 - Data Digs with Specialists
- Thursday, January 28 - Staff Meeting (TELPAS Training-Classroom Teachers Only)
- Thursday, January 28 - SBIC Meeting 12:00 (Lunch provided; your team will have to cover for each other. It won't be a long meeting.)
- Friday, January 29 - STEAM Day & Rasor After Hours (RAH)
- Monday, February 1 - Data Dig (Follow up Data Dig today)
- Wednesday, February 3 - Team Planning
- Thursday, February 4 - Team Leader Meeting
- Friday, February 5 -RAH; Student Council family dance 6pm
- Monday, February 8 - Progress Reports
- Monday, February 8 - Data Dig (K-2 Meet w/ Peggy and Kathy, 3-5 Lynn)
- February 8-11 - Kindergarten parent conferences
- Thursday, February 11 - International Fair
- Friday, February 12 - Valentine Parties
- Monday, February 15 - Student Holiday and Professional Development (STAAR Security Training during the morning and TELPAS calibration afternoon)
- Monday, February 22 - Mini PLC's start
- Week of February 22 - Engineering Week
Please choose a student each day on the way to lunch to come check the lunch drop off boxes. We work hard in the front to remember to check, but it would be a great help to have a student come down and double check before your class heads to lunch. Thank you for helping us with this!
Articles Worth Reading
- How and Why Intrinsic Motivation Works
- Practical Ways to Develop Students’ Mathematical Reasoning
- Recognizing and Overcoming False Growth Mindset
- http://blogs.edweek.org Lessons from Abroad on Professional Learning
- 16 Inspirational Quotes From Children's Literature | Edutopia