Books! Gadgets! Fun!
We had so much fun in April with Poem in Your Pocket Day, our Author Visit, Meet @ Main, and more! Thank you for supporting our programming! We have more events planned for May...Star Wars READS Day, Blowfish Reading Program, Book Fair, and more! Check out the newsletter for all the details you need to know!
Please let us know what we can help you with!
Valerie Byrd Fort, Sarah Sheely, Karen Gobbi, and Brenda Burkett
School Lunch Hero Day!
- School Lunch Hero Day http://www.schoollunchheroday.com/
- JJK TED Talk, "Why Lunch Ladies are Heroes" https://www.ted.com/talks/jarrett_krosoczka_why_lunch_ladies_are_heroes
- Lunch Lady Graphic Novel Website http://www.lunchladycomics.com/
2017 Blowfish Baseball Reading Program
Lexington County Blowfish Reading Rewards Program! May 1 - May 26!
All students are encouraged to read four books during the month of May - you may do this in the classroom and count read alouds and books you are reading together as a class or you can encourage students to read books at home with their family! Up to you! As students read, they can earn prizes:
- One Book - one free general admission ticket to the June 5th Blowfish home game
- Two Books - two free general admission tickets to the June 5th game
- Three Books - two free general admission tickets to the June 5th game and participation in the Reading Program Parade during pregame activities
- Four Books - two free general admission tickets to the June 5th game, participating in the parade, and a free Blowie Snowie Shaved Ice at the game!
A letter for parents and a reading log has been sent home!
Important details to remember!
- The program runs from May 1 - May 26th
- NPES Night with the Blowfish is June 5th - SAVE THE DATE! Mrs. Byrd Fort will be throwing out the first pitch...you don't want to miss it!
May BOOK FAIR!
Digital Learning Corner!
We have featured the following technology standards for computer lab instruction:
September - Digital Citizenship/Basic Login Skills/Keyboarding
October - Word Processing Month (MS Word or Google Docs)
November - Spreadsheet Month (MS Excel or Google Sheets)
December - Drawing Tool Month (MS Paint)
January - Presentation Month (MS PowerPoint or Google Slides)
February - Review Word Processing and Spreadsheets
March - REVIEW
April has been busy with TESTING and now May is here! Let us know what help you need with presentations for Leadership Day and other end of year projects!
Lexington County Blowfish Reading Program - May 1 - May 26
Star Wars READS Day (postponed from October) - May 4, 3:30 - 6:30pm at Books-A-Million
Last day for student library book check out - May 12
All student library books due - May 19
Book Fair Teacher Preview - May 12, 2:45pm
Spring Book Fair - May 15 - May 19
NPES Night with the Blowfish - June 5