Meadowview News and Notes
May 2016 (Last Newsletter of Year)
Mark Your Calendar!
May 9th - End of Year Testing Begins
May 12th - Last PTO Meeting of the Year, 6:30pm (Dr. Schmidt, principal of Jefferson Junior High will present to parents all the wonderful goings on at JJH. He'll also be available to answer questions.)
May 13th - Butterfly Release (first grade)
May 16th - School Wide Professional Development (Classroom teachers may be out for a half day throughout the week)
May 16th - Feed My Starving Children Student Council Event
May 16th - End of Year Band Concert (PM)
May 16th - Board of Education Meeting, 7:30pm, JJH
May 18th - Sixth Grade Field Trip (Field Museum)
May 19th - Afternoon and Evening Talent Show Presentations
May 20th - Sixth Grade DARE Graduation (1:15 p.m.)
May 20th - End of Year Testing Ends
May 20th - Family Movie Night, 6:30pm, Meadowview
May 27th - Field Day
May 27th - Last day of gifted services
May 30th - No School, Memorial Day
May 31st - Second Grade Field Trip (Arboretum)
May 31st - Board of Education Awards Ceremony at JJH (7:00pm)
June 1st - GRADES DUE (8am)
June 2nd - All School Walk/Run (AM), All School Picnic (Lunch Hour), Intermediate Awards Assembly (Afternoon)
June 3rd - Last Day of School, Report Cards Go Home
Important Notes and Reminders
- Thanks so much to our wonderful PTO and to our families for showing your appreciation during Teacher Appreciation Week!
- Thanks to all that attended the Open House/Ice Cream Social and to those that supported our PTO by purchasing books from the book fair.
- As the year comes to and end, please continue to keep your child on a regular routine as EVERY SCHOOL DAY UNTIL THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL COUNTS!
- Please use the links at the bottom of this page to connect with us via Twitter, PTO Facebook, PTO Website, and our District 68 Facebook.
- Attendance is critical. Your child will not be excused from school for vacations. If your child has a legitimate reason to miss school, please notify the school before 10am on the day of the absence - 630-969-2390. If we do not receive a call or note from you and cannot get a hold of you, we will call the police to conduct a well-being check.
PTO News and Information
Thank you to everyone who attended the Ice Cream Social and Scholastic Book Fair! Special thanks to our amazing Student Council for scooping the ice cream and helping with toppings.
The last PTO meeting of this school year will be Thursday, May 12th at 6:30pm in the LRC. Dr. William Schmidt, Principal of Jefferson Junior High, will give an informational presentation about Jefferson and the positive events happening there. We will also be discussing the events calendar and open position for next year. All welcome and encouraged to attend! Childcare provided.
Donation Drive! Saturday, May 14 from 8a – 12pm in the Meadowview Parking lot.
Just in time for Spring cleaning – Savers is collecting clothing, shoes, accessories, books, linens and small household items. Tell your family and neighbors. (No TVs or mattresses will be accepted) Help us raise funds by cleaning out your closet!
March Restaurant Fundraisers – Take a night off from cooking and Meadowview benefits!
Tuesday, May 24 – McDonald's Fundraiser with the Meadowview teachers working the counter!
Free Family Movie Night, May 20th! Come and watch The Good Dinosaur with the entire family!
Volunteer Appreciation Night is Thursday, May 26th! Contact email@example.com if you didn’t receive the invitation.