Rosewood Safety Updates
2023-24 School Year
I have recently reviewed the school protocols that have been in place for Rosewood Elementary School. I am implementing a few changes this year that are aligned with current safeguards and for the protection of all students. Please note that I have met with stakeholders, teachers and district officials. These decisions are made with the utmost consideration of safety for ALL students and staff at Rosewood Elementary School. Please view all updates below. If there are any questions or concerns please contact Mr. Lyons.
- Parents who choose to pick up their students who walk will now need a school issued "Rosewood walker card" to do so.
- Parents will need to submit a note for students who walk home without an adult.
- The students will be dismissed from the LIBRARY and released to parents who present their "Rosewood Walker" card to the teacher on duty.
- If you do not have your card you can go to the front office and sign out your student. You will need an ID to sign them out.
- The Rosewood Elementary School playground is closed for community use after school. Please utilize Rosewood or Sims Park. We do not have supervision and our afterschool care will be utilizing the playground space.
- I do anticipate pickup to be slower in the first few days. As all parents have received and bring their card for pickup things will become more efficient. Please be patient with our new process.
- Any changes in transportation need to be communicated to the school office prior to 2:00 by PHONE. This is the only true way to guarantee that a change has been received.
- We accept notes but please know that sometimes notes do not make it to our teachers. Please verify with the office that the change has been made on the day of the change.
- We cannot guarantee that emails will be received during the school day. We want to ensure that the message has been received and the change has been properly communicated.
Dismissal: Car Riders
- Car Riders will still be picked up behind the school.
- We will provide you with a school issued "Rosewood car" pickup card.
- If you do not have one we will ask you to come inside and sign out your student.
- We must ensure that we are placing your student in the car with the appropriate adult.
- We will open our front doors at 7:15. Parents please do NOT drop off students unsupervised. For the safety of all students, we ask that you remain with your student until we open our doors for operation.
- Rosewood Elementary breakfast time is daily from 7:00- 7:20.
- Students that are eating breakfast are to be dropped off at the cafeteria door.
- 7:30 is the tardy bell. If you arrive after 7:30 please escort your student to the office to sign them in.
Car Tag and Walker Tag distribution
- We are working very hard today to try and have the car and walker tags ready for supply drop off this afternoon. The times for that are K-2 from 1-1:30 and 3-5th from 2-2:30.
- If you are unable to attend, we will have them located in the front office for pickup on Tuesday 8/15 (7:30am- 3:30 pm)
- If you are unable to pick up on either day just bring an ID with you and we will accommodate on the first day of school.
- We will be using temporary placards and pickup cards while our "permanent" ones are on order. We will communicate when they come in and how they'll be distributed.
- Thank you for your patience as we roll out our accountability system for all students. We must ensure that all students get home safely.
- EVERY person who visits Rosewood Elementary School MUST sign in at the front office.
- Please bring your ID with you and head directly to the front office
- Please do not head to our playground without signing in first.
- If you would like to become a volunteer please click the volunteer link right HERE and fill out the necessary paperwork.
From the Principal...........
I want you to know that these decisions are made with my heart and are not rash in judgment. In an effort to display full transparency please know that I will always be evaluating safety protocols and will be changing/adapting as necessary. I appreciate your support on these endeavors.
Rosewood Elementary School