2019-2020 Parent Newsletter
October 11, 2019 - Issue #10
monday, october 14th is a student holiday! Enjoy your 3-day weekend Vikings!
Attention all LV Youth Football Players and Students who attended LVISD Summer Camps
Parent Teacher Conferences coming Soon
Transportation Changes for Early Release on October 25th
Pumpkin Character Walk
a peek inside classrooms
Building math skills by learning about part, part, whole with a partner.
Third graders are working on a KWL chart about nature.
Drawing base ten blocks to represent a number helps third graders work on place value.
Mark Your Calendars for our 1st Fundraiser of the year...Apex Fun Run!
Keep Lago Vista Beautiful (KVLB) Art Contest
Don't forget to like the Lago Vista Elementary PTO Facebook page too!
Write The Check
It’s that time of year again, time for our “Write the Check” campaign! It is by far the easiest fundraiser out there with all donations going directly to support the school and are 100% tax deductible.
If you are not familiar with this campaign, here’s the deal. Instead of selling tumblers, cookie dough, coupon books, you simply write a check to the Lago Vista Elementary School PTO and you’re done! Super simple, right? Here is a very short list of items PTO was able to provide the school last year with your donations:
· Teacher Training
· New pea gravel for playground
· STEM games
· Ink cartridges
· Scholastics books
· Horse shoe tables
· New office chairs for our amazing administration
· Magnetic white boards
The list goes on and on! But without your donations we won’t be able to provide these items in the future so we need you to WRITE THE CHECK!
This campaign will run only until October 18! Please attach your cash, check or money order donations on the form that went home in today's Friday folders and return it to your child’s teacher. Any amount donated is very much appreciated and will be recognized in the weekly school newsletter, so keep an eye out!
Thanks again Parents for coming together for our community’s youth! Without involvement we can’t make it happen! On behalf of the LVES PTO we’d like to say THANKS AND YOU ARE APPRECIATED!
college day is every wednesday! wear your favorite college shirt!
Hello LVES Families! This month we are learning about the character trait Respect. While students are understanding the different ways people can show respect to others and themselves, we will also talk about the No Place for Hate® initiative, and why it is important for all of us to want our school to be a respectful, tolerant, and safe place for students and staff. Students will have the opportunity to sign our No Place for Hate® Pledge, which states the following:
1. I promise to do my best to treat everyone fairly.
2. I promise to do my best to be kind to everyone--even if they are not like me.
3. If I see someone being hurt or bullied, I will tell a teacher.
4. Everyone should be able to feel safe and happy in school.
5. I want our school to be a No Place For Hate®.
Thank you for supporting our campus in remaining a designated No Place for Hate®! If you are interested in learning more about this initiative, please visit: https://austin.adl.org/no-place-for-hate/
¡Hola familias de LVES! Este mes estamos aprendiendo sobre el rasgo de carácter Respeto. Si bien los estudiantes comprenden las diferentes formas en que las personas pueden mostrar respeto a los demás y a sí mismos, también hablaremos sobre la iniciativa No Place for Hate® y por qué es importante que todos queramos que nuestra escuela sea respetuosa, tolerante y Lugar seguro para estudiantes y personal. Los estudiantes tendrán la oportunidad de firmar nuestro Compromiso No Place for Hate®, que establece lo siguiente:
1. Prometo hacer todo lo posible para tratar a todos de manera justa.
2. Prometo hacer todo lo posible para ser amable con todos, incluso si no son como yo.
3. Si veo que alguien está siendo lastimado o intimidado, se lo diré a un maestro.
4. Todos deberían poder sentirse seguros y felices en la escuela.
5. Quiero que nuestra escuela sea No Place For Hate®.
¡Gracias por apoyar a nuestro campus a seguir siendo un No Place for Hate® designado! Si está interesado en aprender más sobre esta iniciativa, visite: https://austin.adl.org/no-place-for-hate/
Attendance at LVES
We didn't quite hit our attendance goal this week! Rest up during the 3-day weekend so we can meet our goal next week.
Attendance for week of 10/47-10/10: 95%
Grade Level Attendance:
First Grade: 94%
Second Grade: 97%
Third Grade: 95%
For more information on why attendance matters for your child and our school, along with the difference between an excused and unexcused absence, click on the following links:
LVES Office Hours
Marcy Kuske, Administrative Assistant
Registration and Attendance:
Christine Harris, Registrar/Attendance Clerk
Student Emotional Support:
Amy Sexton, Counselor
Tara Roberts, School Nurse
Discipline and School Improvement:
Michelle Jackson, Principal
Missy Howard, Assistant Principal
Mark Your Calendars...
- October 14th: Student Holiday, No School
- October 18th: End of 1st Nine Weeks
- October 24th: CEIC Meeting, 3:30-4:30 in Community Room
- October 24th: Transportation Changes due for Early Release
- October 25th: Early Release at 11:30 am for Parent/Teacher Conferences
- October 25th: Report Cards Go Home
- October 29th: Fall Pictures
- October 30th: Perfect Attendance/Honor Roll Recognition during lunches
- October 31st: Pumpkin Gallery Walk
- October 31st: Kindergarten Field Trip to Sweet Berry Farms