Mrs. Clyde - Issue No.2 - September 2016
- Bringing your binder and backpack to school everyday
- Doing your reading homework (and reminding mom or dad to sign it!)
- Putting away your backpack, lunch and coat in your locker
- Having your supplies ready to go (pencil, school box, papers)
- Taking care of your book box and shopping for new books each week
- Returning your library books and checking out new ones (5 each week!)
- Putting things away when you get them out
And so many more.....
Your kids are growing up and we work hard in school at learning to take care of our own responsibilities. First grade is the year of much growth in this area. You can help at home by helping your child have a place where their backpack is always kept and expecting your child to take care of their binder. If you don't have a time and place where your child does homework I encourage you to figure that out now as well. I promise if you work hard at setting the routines and expectations now it will pay off when they are older and it is just second nature. With a 16 year old and 14 year old I am thankful that my kids learned these routines and expectations when they we were young. If you would like some ideas to help you with these things I would be happy to talk to you more about it during conferences.
A Word About Homework.....
The Ridgecrest Way
Please check out the google doc to find your scheduled time. You can change or schedule the time right on the doc or you can email me with any changes. I have a few families that have not scheduled yet. If one of the available times does not work, please let me know and I will try my best to accommodate your schedule.
Dates To Remember:
A quick reminder to check your child's binder everyday and don't forget to sign that reading log. A new one will be sent home every Monday! THANKS!