Merryhill School News
April 12, 2019
Reading Month Continues...............
Spring parties / Egg hunts
All students will participate in egg hunts and parties next Thursday, April 18th. Please sign up for a food item for the party and send your child with 12 filled plastic eggs. Please make sure that any candy items in the eggs are individually wrapped and do not contain nuts, and please tape each egg closed. The specific time of the hunt is noted on your child's classroom door with the party sign up sheet.
We will host a light brunch for any guests that are here, immediately following the ribbon cutting. Thank you for supporting our school.
Teddy Bear Donations
ERB Standardized Testing
April 15-17: Kindergarten and 1st Grade testing
April 22-25: 2nd-6th Grade testing
We will ask any Pre-Kindergarten students arriving after 8:15 on testing days to enter the preschool, where they will remain until after each day's testing session is over. Any elementary students arriving late will be kept in the office until the testing session is complete. It is critical that we keep our hallways completely quiet during the testing.
As a reminder, when you refer a family, you earn a free week of tuition for one child after the new student has been enrolled for 3 months!! In addition, we will be doing a raffle drawing from all of our family referrals between March 15th and April 15th for great Merryhill gear and prizes, as well as a $50 Chili's gift card! We will announce our winner on April 15th!
Early Dismisasal / Parent Conferences
Ronald McDonald House Pop Tab Drive
In addition, please make sure that girls always wear shorts under dresses / skirts.
- May 24th - Elementary Field Day
- May 28th - Sixth Grade Graduation 1:00 p.m.
- May 28th - Kindergarten Graduation 7:00 p.m.
- May 29th - Awards Ceremony 2:30 p.m.
- May 31st - Last day of school
- June 3rd - Elementary school closed to prepare for camp
- June 4th - First day of summer camp
- July 4th - Closed in observance of Independence Day
- August 15-16 - All schools closed to prepare for new school year - No care provided
- August 19 - First day of 2019-2020 school year
- April 15-24: ERB testing (day varies by grade level)
- April 15: Graduation fee due
- April 15: Field Day fee due
- April 16: Chick Fil A Spirit Night
- April 17: Reading logs due
- April 18: Spring egg hunts and parties
- April 18: Human Ice Cream Sundaes! 2:00 p.m.
- April 19: Holiday - no instructional classes
- April 22: Earth Day - preschool ladybug release and Mother Goose Earth Day presentation
- April 23: Art Show 7:00-8:00 p.m.
- April 24: Graduation pictures (Kindergarten only) / Class pictures (all students)
- April 26: Early dismissal 11:00 a.m.
- April 26-May 3: End of year parent conferences - Elementary
- April 30: Ribbon Cutting Ceremony 10:00 a.m.
- May 1: Kona Ice (elementary building only)
- May 2: First Grade enrichment trip to Mainstay Farm 8:15-3:00
- May 3: Family Movie Night 7:00 p.m.