Lets Get Outside!
By: Chrisann Rinael
There are Many Disadvantages to Screen Time
Kids all Over U.S. Aren't Getting Physical Exercise Daily!
- Getting outside lets you interact with more people
- Only 27% of kids from 9th-12th grade get 30 minutes of exercise daily
There are many Health Hazards that Come Along with Screen Time
- A researcher at Harvard School of Public Health found that being a couch potato increases your risks of getting diabetes by 30%
- Getting outside allows you to be more social in your everyday life
Don't Watch Too Much TV!
- Did you know that the average person will watch TV for 4 hours in a day? That's 28 hours in a week and 1,460 hours in a year!
- An additional one hour of outside time has decreased nearsightedness by 2%
Fox News: Dangers of Watching Too Much TV