Christ The King School News Notes
December 10, 2020
Week of December 14th, 2020
Preschool will operate on normal hours.
On Friday, December 18th, K-8 students will not have Google Meets after 1:15, and Preschool will dismiss at 1:15.
- If you test positive or quarantine, please notify the school's COVID contact. We are required to report these during virtual and in-person instruction.
- If you are in contact with someone who tests positive for COVID-19 for 15 minutes or more within a 24 hour period, you must quarantine. For the most accurate results, it is recommended that you get tested no sooner than 5 days after your known exposure to the positive case.
- Quarantining is defined as staying at home for 14 days after the known exposure, watching symptoms and checking temperature twice a day. This means not just quarantining from school, but all public locations.
- When dropping off students' forgotten materials at school, please leave them outside the school's door, and buzz the front desk to arrange retrieval.
- Masks must be worn on school property at all times. Please make sure to wear your mask when coming to the front door.
As questions arise about the policies and procedures that we have put in place due to COVID-19, we wish for our parents to have a point of contact for their questions. For the upcoming year, our nurse, Shayna Elmore, will be available full-time during the school day. She will be our school’s COVID Contact. Please direct your COVID-related questions via email to email@example.com or call (859) 266-5641.
If you have any questions about whether your child can be in attendance, please reach out to Nurse Elmore, our COVID contact. It is of utmost importance that we maintain the health and safety of our school community.
If your child is in isolation or quarantine, please contact Nurse Elmore, so that we can ensure that students can continue learning via the hybrid plan if they are well enough to do so. Her contact information is firstname.lastname@example.org
CKS Travel Policy
Many have come to us concerned about families traveling. We all have to be protective of our cohorts.
In order for us to preserve face-to-face instruction of our students at school, we have to be extra careful with the choices we each make. We, of course, want our children to have all the typical experiences; however, we have to remember that making sacrifices for the short term will help prevent the spread of the virus, and reduce long-term negative effects on the school’s reopening and the health and safety of our children, faculty, and staff.
If you travel to or through any current hotspots, students have to quarantine for two weeks. The best place to go to check hotspots, which are states with 15% positive testing rates, is https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/.
Keep in mind that there are considerable swings and changes in all states and they can change even while you are traveling.
Parents will need to fill out this pre-screening form daily with respect to their children who attend Christ the King School. You may submit this either the evening before your child(ren) will attend class on campus, or in the morning before bringing your child(ren) to school; HOWEVER, if you submit this form the evening before and circumstances change between then and the morning, you should resubmit and take action accordingly. A SYMPTOMATIC CHILD, OR ONE WITH A TEMPERATURE OF 100.4° OR ABOVE, SHOULD NOT BE BROUGHT TO SCHOOL.
- When a cohort goes into quarantine, including the teacher, the students will use the full online plan that includes synchronous (or live-streamed video) learning.
- When individual students quarantine, without their cohort/teacher, or chooses to learn from home, he/she will use the hybrid plan that includes asynchronous (pre-recorded video) learning ONLY.
- When a student is sick with allergies, strep etc. or on a trip he/she will complete missing work as normal, using Google Classroom and Ren-Web to keep up. The student has as many days as he/she misses to make up the work.
Recent communications from CKS, along with links to COVID-19 Resources: https://ctkschool.net/covid-19
Prayer list: https://ctkschool.net/covid-19/prayer-request-list
Prayer Request Form: https://ctkschool.net/covid-19/prayer-request-form
If you would like to make a donation to those struggling during this time or if you need help, please contact us: https://ctkschool.net/covid-19/covid-19-tuition-relief-fund
Congratulations, Principal's List and Honor Roll
SIP AND SHOP 2020
Dear CKS Families,
It truly is the most wonderful time of the year! This year, instead of our traditional Sip & Shop Holiday Market, we have put together a one-of-a-kind shopping discount card. By purchasing this card you are supporting our school and you are gaining access to some exclusive deals! To purchase please click here.
With your generous support, our school will benefit, but also you can support so many of the local vendors who have supported our Sip & Shop over the years!
Once you purchase, you will receive your shopping card, personalized to your email address, via email. Here's listing of discounts currently included (expiration 12/31/2020, unless otherwise specified):
- Adele (CKS donation): 10% of purchase of full-price items goes to CKS with code CTKS, through December 23, 2020
- Barrel Down South: 20% off total purchase with code CTK20
- Classics on Clay: 15% off total purchase
- Failte: 10% off total purchase
- Matilda Jane: 10% off total purchase
- Peggy's Gifts: 15% off total purchase
- MandH Beads: 20% off with code CKSHOLIDAY until 8:00 a.m. on December 24, 2020
- Magical Toy Shoppe: 15% off total purchase of regularly priced items; cannot be combined with any other sales/discounts
- Mellow Mushroom Pizza: 30% total purchase; expires 1/31/2021
- Sash & Bow: 20% off purchase with free shipping with code CTK2020
- Scout & Molly: 40% off storewide (excl. Spanx and Teleties), and 50% off all clothing (excl. Spanx)
- Signature Artisan Coffee: 20% off purchase of $25 or more with code sip&shop2020; expires April 30, 2021
- The Striped Pineapple: 20% off total purchase with code VIP20
- Stuarto's: $10 off purchase of $50 or more; expires December 25, 2020
- Violets: 20% off any regularly priced item
Please also follow our school social media closely for virtual vendor parties and shows where partial proceeds will go back to the school!
Sip & Shop Committee
Square 1 Art
PK2-PK4 - will be distributed to your student's classrooms.
K-8th There will be a drive-by distribution on 12/14 and 12/15 from 3:30-4:30. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!
Renrollment/Tuition/ FACTS: David Stromquist, email@example.com
Admissions: Amy Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org
Technology Support: Vince Mongiardo, email@example.com
Communications: Kelley Taylor, firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID Exposure, Positive, Health Related Questions: Shayna Elmore, email@example.com