NUAMES NORTH Counseling Center
Back to School Edition
IN THIS ISSUE:
- Introducing your NUAMES Counselors!
- Schedule Change Information
- Need Help with Concurrent Enrollment Registration?
- Upcoming Events
- Social and Emotional Supports
Final Day for Term 1 Schedule Changes = Friday, 9/2
Are you having trouble registering for your Concurrent Enrollment classes?
2. If you applied but have not completed Step #2 to get your username and password, do this now! You will need your SSN# and Birthdate to retrieve your User name.
3. Go to weber.edu/concurrent Step #3 to register for courses, and select NUAMES High School to select the course CRN that your CE teacher gave you in class.
4. Once you add your classes to your cart, make sure you finish and pay for the classes otherwise your cart will be emptied in 24 hours and you will not be registered!
Dates for Weber State Concurrent Enrollment Registration Fall Semester 2022
- Last Date to ADD a CE Course = Sep 16, 2022
- Deadline to DROP a CE Course = Sep 16, 2022
- Deadline to WITHDRAW from a CE Fall SEMESTER Course = Nov 11, 2022
- Deadline to WITHDRAW from CE YEAR-LONG Course = Feb 24, 2023
- Withdrawals will show "W" on WSU transcript.
- Students may NOT drop or withdraw from a class after the midterm. You must wait until Term 2 to take this action.
Early College Students: Remember to always talk to your NUAMES Counselor AND your WSU Early College Advisor before ever withdrawing from a class!!
Weber State EARLY COLLEGE classes have Begun!
- Early college Students, remember Friday, September 2nd is the deadline to drop an Early College course without Financial Penalty and Tuition Payback to NUAMES.
- Please contact your Early college Advisor and High School Counselor before dropping a course to discuss options first!
- Noah Erb, NUAMES North Early College Advisor @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Upcoming NUAMES Events for Students
- Sep 1: Hope Squad Carnival during lunch
- Sep 2: Capstone Mentoring Day (Will have a different bell schedule)
- Sep 6: Senior Mandatory Seminar #1 in Lind Lecture Room #126
- Sep 7: "Club Rush" During Lunch (Learn about and join a Club at NUAMES)
- Sep 8: Junior Mandatory Seminar #1 in Lind Lecture Room #126
- Sep 12-13: Counselors visit 10th grade English classes
- Sep 12-16: NUAMES "Spirit Week"
- Sep 12: Senior CCR (College and Career Readiness) Meetings begin
- Sep 14: Sophomore "Meet and Greet" Lunch (Free food, treats, activities and more!)
- Sep 15: First Day of Hispanic Heritage Month
- Sep 16: Homecoming Dance
- Sep 17: NuHope Suicide Awareness Walk "Raising Awareness, Raising Hope"
- Sep 22: Midterm
- Sep 26: Early College Student CCR meetings begin
- Sep 29: Parent-Teacher Conferences
SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL SUPPORTS
Community Mental Health Supports
- Cook Center For Human Connection https://cookcenterforhumanconnection.org/
- My Life Is Worth Living is an animated series that addresses various youth mental health issues. https://mylifeisworthliving.org/
- Home - First Animated Series on Teen Mental Health - My Life Is Worth Living | Powerful Stories About the Power of Human Connection
Parent Guidance.org is an On-demand resource for parents to learn more about helping their children’s mental well-being. https://parentguidance.org/
- Live On Utah is a statewide resource center. https://liveonutah.org/
- Davis County Youth resource locator: https://www.daviscountyutah.gov/health/davis4health/resource-locator
- Davis County Parent Series: Mental Health Webinar series covering a variety of topics that parents can participate in anonymously. See attached flier for registration details.
Safe UT - Dial 833 https://safeut.org/
- HOPE4UTAH.com https://hopesquad.com/utah-resources/