Quarter 2 Highlights and Happenings
Technology Integration in the Kindergarten Math Classroom
Technology Integration in 2nd Grade Math Classrooms.
1. Students used Virtual Base Ten Blocks and ShowMe to represent their thinking of adding using what they know about place value.
2. During a collaborative planning session between the math specialist and classroom teacher, a QR code problem solving adventure was planned. Students had to locate their next problem from the answer to the previous problem. The problem was on chart paper for students to solve. Students then checked their answer by scanning the QR Code attached to the bottom of the chart paper problem. This answer was found on the top of a different poster - where students then worked to solve that problem.
Technology Integration in 3rd Grade Math Classrooms.
2. iPads used to engage students in 3 Act Problem Solving Routine.
Technology Integration in Grade 4 Math Classroom
Technology Integration in Grade 5 Classrooms
2. Students making iMovies to communicate and discuss using what they know about multiplication and place value to demonstrate their understanding of the U.S. standard algorithm for multiplication.
3. Students familiarizing themselves with mathematical communication, representation, and notation in PARCC equation editor resources- numbers only and numbers/words with multiplication problem.