ESC Region 11
Assessment, Accountability, and Continuous Improvement
August 17, 2021
SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT ACTION ITEMS
Effective Schools Framework Required Upcoming Trainings - Only for Grant Recipients of SIG or ESF Focus Grant
NOTE: All ESF/TIP trainings are IN-PERSON at ESC Region 11, 1451 Cherry Lane, White Settlement, Texas.
If your district/campus was awarded the ESF Focus Grant and/or the School Improvement Grant (SIG) grant by TEA, a requirement of both grants is to attend the Effective Schools Framework (ESF) AND Targeted Improvement Plan (TIP) training. Each training will be offered on two different days. You only need to attend one day of each training. Choose the one that works best for you and your team. The Grant Contact/DCSI and campus principal are required attendees. We encourage you to include any district or campus leaders who will help support this work.
Login into ESC Region 11’s Registration System for professional learning, click on Sign-In, and ensure/update your profile information is correct and accurate. It is important to ensure the district, campus, and district email addresses are correct for training attendance purposes and access to register for required training or use the direct links below.
- Ensure both DCSI and campus principal are in attendance for the Effective Schools Framework Training and the Targeted Improvement Plan training.
- Invite other members of your leadership team to register.
Effective Schools Framework (ESF) - 8/17 or 8/19
8/17 Registration Link: https://registration.esc11.net/catalog/sessions/28149/52631
8/19 Registration LInk: https://registration.esc11.net/catalog/sessions/28149/52834
Web-based Targeted Improvement Plan (TIP) 8/25 or 8/26
8/25 Registration Link: https://registration.esc11.net/catalog/sessions/28150/52632
8/26 Registration Link: https://registration.esc11.net/catalog/sessions/28150/52836
How are you doing since your ESF Diagnostic?
ESF Diagnostic Follow-Up Survey: https://forms.office.com/r/Gj8uLVjeLb
SmartSheet sign up for Academic Audit
LEAs can sign up to participate in the Free Academic Audit opportunity using the SmartSheet below. This opportunity would be great for those that prioritize Essential Actions 4.1 or 5.1.
The HQIM Academic Audit is a diagnostic tool that provides school leaders with information about the grade-level alignment and level of rigor of student assignments. The tool can be used to determine the level of implementation of high-quality instructional materials at a campus.
To participate, please complete the SmartSheet by August 27th.
GRANT ANNOUNCEMENTS & UPDATES
School Improvement Grant Title 1, 1003 Grant (SIG) Closing Out 2020-2021
- Draw down funds at least monthly - Grant administrators will be receiving an email about the balance of remaining funds that have not been drawn down.
- The grant end date for the 2020-2021 School Year is September 30, 2021.
- No more than 60 percent of School Improvement Grant funds may be used for payroll.
Title I, 1003 School Improvement Grant (SIG) Launch Webinar - September 7, 2021 (2:00 p.m.)
The eGrants application for the Title I, 1003 School Improvement Grant will be in an updated format. Similar to past years, this webinar will walk through the eGrant application and review pieces of the budget submission via the web-based TIP. A recording will also be posted to the LEA Grants webpage after the webinar.
Register in advance for this webinar:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
TCLASS Grant Application is Open
The Texas COVID Learning Acceleration Supports (TCLAS) grant application for districts and open-enrollment charter schools is now open! Through this application, you can find access to more than 15 TEA initiatives through one streamlined and simple process. Below are a few more ways that you can learn more, ask questions, or apply for TCLAS supports over the coming weeks before the application closes at 11:59 pm CT on August 20th:
- Learn: See the recordings and slides from all 10 TCLAS Decision Point Specific Webinars.
- Ask: Attend an upcoming TCLAS Office Hours session to get answers to questions about TCLAS.
- When and where: Every Wednesday from July 28th through August 18th at 4 pm CT; Calendar Invitation Here
- Apply: Review the TCLAS Guidance Document, calculate your estimated award based on your selections, and complete the survey-based application on our webpage.
If you have additional questions, please reach out to email@example.com.
ASSESSMENT & ACCOUNTABILITY
2021 Alternative Evaluation for Eligible Campuses
To the Superintendent Addressed:
This correspondence provides information about the 2021 accountability ratings alternative evaluation process, as prescribed by Senate Bill 1365 (87th Texas Legislature). Senate Bill 1365 established a 2021 alternative evaluation option for campuses that meet participation requirements and earned an unacceptable rating for the most recent year they were rated.
This alternative evaluation serves as a method for campuses to break the chain of consecutive years of unacceptable performance considering the 2021 Not Rated: Declared State of Disaster ratings. This process allows campuses to demonstrate they have made sufficient improvement using available data from the 2020-21 school year. If a campus meets these eligibility requirements and receives an overall A, B, or C rating when averaging the 2021 Student Achievement and School Progress, Part B: Relative Performance domain scaled scores, the campus will have the option to apply for an Acceptable rating label rather than Not Rated for 2021. Scaled scores will only be calculated for eligible campuses and only in these two domains. These outcomes will be shared with relevant districts in TEAL Accountability.
If you have further questions about the 2021 alternative evaluation process, please reach out to Performance Reporting at (512) 463-9704 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ESC Region 11 Instructional Services Request for Professional Development or Coaching
The Texas Education Agency Website provides details on Sanctions and Activities that will be carried over for the 2021-2022 school year.
Follow! Tweet! Like! Email! Call! We'd love to hear from you.
- Laura McKean - Coordinator of School Improvement, Assessment, Accountability
- Nancy Copeland - School Improvement Assistant
- LaVonia Nelson - Data Specialist
- Elizabeth Schrader- Assessment and Accountability Consultant
- Carey Carter - School Improvement Consultant
- Jackie Fagan - Field Service Agent
- Laura Gallup - School Improvement Consultant
- Margo Nottingham - School Improvement Consultant
- Meredith Perry - School Improvement Consultant