Personalized Learning Academy at HM
Weekly Update (May 10th - May 14th)
A Message From Ms. Santos:
We hope everyone had a refreshing weekend. STAAR tests are starting this week, so students please make sure to bring your charged Chromebooks to school. To ensure student and staff safety, Tuesday, May 11th and Wednesday, May 12th, students in Kindergarten to 2nd grade will be participating in remote learning from home (asynchronous learning).
We are still taking appointments for Pre-K 3 and Pre-K registration. Times that are available for help with enrollment will be Monday-Friday from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm. We will also be available on Tuesday and Thursday from 4:00-7:00 for those who can't make it during regular school hours! To make an appointment, please call (972)502-5200 and we will be glad to help you out!
Parents, please remember to make sure to send your students to school with a mask on. Please make sure to read through all of the information in the newsletter and we hope you have a wonderful week!
- We have attached information regarding the STAAR test from May 11th to May 13th.
- It's that time of year again! PTA has openings for President/Vice President/Secretary/Treasurer /Teacher Liaison and will be having board elections. The form to sign up will be attached in the PTA section of the newsletter.
- Parents can now start placing their school supply orders for the 2021-2022 school year through the EPI website. *SALE ENDS JUNE 13, 2021* (More details included in the PTA section of the newsletter)
- Tutoring is being done by teacher invitation. Please make sure that you have an established method of communication with your child's teacher to receive updates on tutoring. *Tutoring is from 3:30-4:30 on Tuesday and Thursday*
- On Wednesday we will be distributing meals to our students from 4:30-6:30 pm. Please bring your student(s) ID number.
- Meal Viewer has replaced Nutrislice as our way of viewing the school breakfast and lunch menu: https://schools.mealviewer.com/school/HIGHLANDMEADOWSELEMENTARY
This month's calendar
Intersession Calendar Information
PreK 3 AND PreK 4 Registration NOW OPEN
If you need any help with enrollment, feel free to call the school to make an appointment and someone will be able to help you with the process. We are taking appointments from 9:00 am-2:00 pm Monday through Friday.
When you come for your appointment, please make sure you bring all the documents you need for the uploading process, and please make sure you have a mask on when you enter the building.
Need Rental Assistance?
AFTER SCHOOL CARE UPDATE
COVID-19 VACCINE SITE
NEWS FROM THE COUNSELORS
DISD - Mental Health Services
Mental Health Matters Virtual Symposium - May 1st
The Mental Health Matters Virtual Symposium is open to all parents, students, community members, and Dallas ISD employees who are interested in learning more about mental health. There will be interactive sessions that will include a wide range of topics and educational materials including mindfulness, parenting tools, responding to feelings of anxiety, the impact of childhood trauma, and coping during a global pandemic. There will be presentations available in English and Spanish.
For more information click the following link: https://mentalhealthmattersdallas.com/
To register click the following link: https://mentalhealthmattersdallas.com/register/
Leader in Me School
Highland Meadows is proud to be a Leader in Me School! We educate our students with the leadership and life skills they need to thrive in the 21st century. Leader in Me is based on principles and practices of personal, interpersonal and organizational effectiveness, and upon the powerful premise that every child possesses unique strengths and has the ability to be a leader.
Leader in Me helps students learn how to become self-reliant, take initiative, plan ahead, set and track goals, do their homework, prioritize their time, manage their emotions, be considerate of others, express their viewpoint persuasively, resolve conflicts, find creative solutions, value differences, and live a balanced life. The process helps students develop the skills and self-confidence they need to lead their lives and succeed in school and beyond.
This week in Leader in Me
UPDATED COVID CONTACT TRACING UPDATE
Coping with Covid
The following guidelines apply to personal face masks:
- Must fit snugly over the nose bridge, mouth and chin.
- Must be secured to minimize the need to adjust frequently.
- Do not need to be medical grade.
- Masks or respirators with exhalation valves are not recommended since they are not effective and decrease protection of others.
- Face mask graphics must be appropriate, not offensive to others
- Masks should not be loose material that could get caught or injure.
- Gaiter type neck fleece are not advised due to little protection and may increase transmission and dispersion of small droplets.
- Mask should be worn prior to entering district buildings.
- After removal, personal face masks should be discarded or placed in a bag or bin until they can be washed (recommended daily).
HIGHLAND MEADOWS FOOD DISTRIBUTION **UPDATE!!
Food Distribution For ALL Kids
Wednesday, May 12th, 4:30-6:30pm
8939 Whitewing Lane
INFORMATION FROM THE PTA
PTA Board Elections-Yes it's that time of year again!
If you have any questions, please contact:
Shannon Espinoza (English): 214-771-2763
Giovanna Baez (Spanish): 469-203-3446
Please return the completed form to the PTA box in the front office or email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Click on the picture above for a direct link to the EPI website to place your order.*
Student can wear jeans for FREE every Friday with HME Spirit Wear. You may purchase by clicking the button.
Store now available online *Marquee requests can be made online and in person
Click here to access the Parent Handbook. This is a live document and will be continuously edited and changed as we receive updated information from the district and make changes.
New Highland Meadows Elementary Google Site
Check out our Google Web Page! Here you will be able to access more information about our school!