Our Educational Edifices
Building A Pedagogy For ALL
How Do We Get To "Awesome"?
Deconstructing Our Constructions
― Paulo Freire, Pedagogy of the Oppressed
1. In what ways do our own ideologies prevent a "barrier-free" classroom? How does what we "know" affect our pedagogical practices?
2. Do we engage in practices that exemplify a belief that we are "master-in-command"?
Do we enact a pedagogy that posits students as "empty vases" waiting to be filled?
3. How do such practices affect our communities-most especially our students with special
― Paulo Freire, We Make the Road by Walking: Conversations on Education and Social Change
From Master In Command To The Learning Partnership: A Shift In Design
1. What might a "pedagogical partnership" look like in your school...division...department...classroom?
2. What do you think is required to REALLY create the type of praxis Fullen is speaking to? What are the "key elements" and "conditions" required to bring about this shift, this change in design?
3. How can this lead us to transformative:
“As I teach, I project the condition of my soul onto my students, my subject, and our way of being together.”
The 6 C's of 21st Century Learning:
Think Critically, Communicate Cleary, Work Collaboratively, Embrace Culture, Develop Creativity and Utilize Connectivity