Borrowing eBooks through OverDrive
Reading ebooks through your laptop or desktop
Log into your library’s OverDrive website with your MYKRISTIN USERID & PASSWORD to see all the titles available. Once you find an available title, move your mouse over the title and click Borrow. Borrowed titles will appear in your CHECKOUTS area (under your Account) on your library’s OverDrive website.
From your Bookshelf, you can click Read or Listen to start enjoying most eBooks, audiobooks immediately in your browser.
For most borrowed titles, you can choose a format to download from your Bookshelf.
Once you choose a download format, any other downloadable format options for that title will disappear, but you’ll always have the option to Read or Listen to a title in your browser.
•To download EPUB or PDF eBooks to your Windows or Mac computer, install free Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) software and follow the prompts to authorise your computer with a free OverDrive account or Adobe ID. You can then Download borrowed eBooks and read them in ADE or use ADE to transfer them to supported eReaders.
Download Adobe Digital Editions from www.adobe.com
•To download audiobooks to your Windows or Mac computer, install OverDrive’s free desktop app. You can then Download borrowed audiobooks and listen to them using OverDrive’s desktop app or transfer them to supported MP3 players.
- Items that haven't been downloaded can be returned from the CHECKOUTS area in your ACCOUNT with the Kristin Overdrive Website.
- After you have downloaded an item to Adobe Digital Editions open ADE and click on the book cover to read.
- Tap on the book cover to open the item and read or listen
- To return an item - right click the book cover with your mouse and choose RETURN BORROWED ITEM.
- If a title has expired DELETE it by right clicking the book cover and choosing REMOVE FROM LIBRARY
If you need help:
Please visit the Library with your device.
Use the tutorials and helpful videos under HELP inside the Kristin OverDrive Digital collection.