Presidential Candidate 2016
The BEST job in AMERICA!!!
Constitutional Requirements for the job
- No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty-five years, and been fourteen years a resident within the United States.
- No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once.
2. Salary, Benefits, and Perks of the job
Benefits: Some benefits of being a president are there is the free transportation in the presidential limousine, Marine One, and Air Force One and the most famous mansion, complete with views, a personal chef, and a lot of things of the presidents choosing. Also, when a president leaves the white house, he still receives an annual pension of about $200,000, health care, paid official travel and an office.
Perks of the job: As soon as you're elected President, you join 'The President's Club,' which is considered 'the most elite club that never meets.' The president receives basically unlimited staff. The White House includes movie theater, bowling alley, pool, tennis, and basketball courts, putting green, and 24-hour cooking staff. The president is invited to the best parties, is available to bring anything on his Air Force One plane that has an office, bathroom, bedroom, and workout room.
10 Constitutional Powers granted to the President
2. Require the opinion of the principal officer in each executive department.
3. Have power to grand reprieves and pardons.
4. Make treaties.
5. Nominate and appoint ambassadors, judges of the Supreme Court and all other officers of the United States.
6. Fill up all vacancies during the recess of the Senate.
7. Give to Congress information of the state of the union.
8. Recommend to their consideration such measures as he shall judge necessary and convenient.
9. On special occasions summon both Houses, or either of them.
10. Receive ambassadors and other public ministers.
Despite the Constitutional provision that "all legislative powers" shall be vested in the Congress, the president, as the chief formulator of public policy, has a major legislative role. The president can veto any bill passed by Congress and, unless two-thirds in each house vote to override the veto, the bill does not become law. Much of the legislation dealt with by Congress is drafted at the initiative of the executive branch. In an annual and special messages to Congress, the president may propose legislation he or she believes is necessary. If Congress should adjourn without acting on those proposals, the president has the power to call it into special session. But, beyond all this, the president, as head of a political party and as principal executive officer of the U.S. government, is in a position to influence public opinion and thereby to influence the course of legislation in Congress.
Among the president's constitutional powers is that of appointing important public officials; presidential nomination of federal judges, including members of the Supreme Court, is subject to confirmation by the Senate. Another significant power is that of granting a full or conditional pardon to anyone convicted of breaking a federal law -- except in a case of impeachment. The pardoning power has come to embrace the power to shorten prison terms and reduce fines.
Within the executive branch itself, the president has broad powers to manage national affairs and the workings of the federal government. The president can issue rules, regulations and instructions called executive orders, which have the binding force of law upon federal agencies. As commander-in-chief of the armed forces of the United States, the president may also call into federal service the state units of the National Guard. In times of war or national emergency, the Congress may grant the president even broader powers to manage the national economy and protect the security of the United States.
The president chooses the heads of all executive departments and agencies, together with hundreds of other high-ranking federal officials. The large majority of federal workers, however, are selected through the Civil Service system, in which appointment and promotion are based on ability and experience.
The most important power in my opinion is to be commander and chief of the army and navy when called into service due to the large decision the president has to make when determining when going into war.
Leadership Presidential Traits Needed
2. Decision making: It is not only important to be able to make decisions, but make them effectively and efficiently. As president, many people rely on the president to make smart and quick decisions.
3. Trust: It is important that our country has trust between the government and the people. This comes from communication. Is it an important role for the president to be able to communicate well to the other people in the government about current situations as well as the people of the country. This creates understanding and helps get things done more.
4. Vision: It is a key for a president to be able to have a vision for the country. If there's no point or vision where the country wants to go, there will be no movement. Even though change isn't always good, sometimes things are just fine, there is always room for improvement in our government and the people want to see that.
5. Motivation: It is important for our president to be motivated and to have motivation towards what he does. He should be compelling and try to motivate others to push forward on our success and duties as a country.
Current problem in America: Gun Control
There has been much controversy in America through out history until today dealing with gun control. The main two sides are between getting rid of guns because of all the violence and keeping guns for self defense. The Second Amendment in the Constitution is the right to bear arms. Although our constitution says we have the right to bear arms, there has been some very serious violence in America, that has affected many families. These mass shootings are caused from the easy access to buying guns.
In 2012, there was a massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut. Gun violence in the United States results in thousands of deaths and injuries annually. Many families are hurt by this and it is all because of the easy access every day people have to guns. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, in 2013, firearms were used in 84,258 nonfatal injuries and 11,208 deaths by homicide, 21,175 by suicide with a firearm, 505 deaths due to accidental discharge of a firearm, and 281 deaths due to firearms-use with "undetermined intent" for a total of 33,169 deaths related to firearms. 1.3% of all deaths in the country were related to firearms.
As president, I think that it is very obvious that gun control is a serious problem for the United States. It is important that we keep everyone in our country safe and keep the people that should not have guns with out them. I think that we should increase the ease of buying and selling a gun. There should be a process to go through to get a gun. If you have a mental illness in which could cause danger to any other human, they should not be allowed to purchase a gun. They should have to go through several background checks, to allow a more safe country.
The constitutional powers such as the executive power could be used to solve the problem of gun control by issuing regulations regarding this. The presidential roles such as chief executive could be used in making such controversial decisions. To solve gun control, I think that it is important to be able to make decisions, have a vision for what our country will look like with improvements to gun control, and trust by letting the people know what the government is forming to be the best possible solution for the country.