North Elementary School- September 3, 2015
DUTIES FOR THE WEEK OF September 7
SPECIAL CLASS: Week 3
BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION/LOUNGE DUTY: Amy Backes, Kim Silvey, and Laura
*Morning duty should consist of 2 out front from 7:15-7:30 am; 2 in the gym from 7:30-7:45; and 2 in the cafeteria from 7:30-7:45. It is up to the group "A" teachers to determine duty. I'd recommend rotating it. Expectations for duty can be found on page 45 of the "Blue Book."
Calendar of Events
Thursday, September 3
- Kindergarten Colors- Wear Brown Day
- United Way Pledge Cards due to Carey
- Leadership Committee Chair Meeting- office (Janna and Barb) at 12:30 pm
Friday, September 4
- Kindergarten Colors- Wear Your Favorite Color Day
- Self-Discipline Study Ends- please return character book to the office after reading it to your class.
Sunday, September 6
- Happy Birthday, Julie Stoehr!
Monday, September 7
- Labor Day- No School
Tuesday, September 8
- Blue Ribbon Writing Party at 9:00 am in room 110
- Karly out for a speech meeting at 2:30 pm
Wednesday, September 9
- District Council Meeting from 9:00-11:30 am at Dix Road (Barb out)
- Kim Bowden out for a meeting in the afternoon
- Leadership Team meeting at 3:15 pm in room 110
Thursday, September 10
- Council for Drug Free Youth assembly for grades 4-5 at 9:30 am in the cafeteria
Friday, September 11
- Blue Ribbon Writing Papers due to Fariba by 3:00 pm please
- JCPS Staff and Family BBQ on the Nichols Career Center Lawn from 4:30-6:30 pm
Happy September Birthday to:
6- Julie Stoehr
24- Becky Loethen
30- Bryan Lawson
Coming Up: Goodies with Grandparents
For this meeting, please be sure to print out your professional growth plan for this meeting. You can do this by logging onto TalentEd Perform and selecting "2014/2015" in the drop down menu labeled "school year." After selecting last school year, click on "view" your professional growth plan. There should be an option to print your professional growth plan on this page. Part of our discussion as a team is going to be managing our Professional Growth Plans!
In addition, please be sure you have read the following pages in the SRI Professional Learning Guide:
- Grades K-1- Read pages 8-14 and pages 47-48
- Grades 2-5- Read pages 15-25 and pages 49-52
Highlight key components so we can develop a scaffold of understanding as a team.
- Be sure to keep your websites up-to-date!
- I would like copies of all classroom newsletters. These can be sent to me electronically or a paper copy in my mailbox.
- Let's begin counting for Ready to Learn and 100% Homework Brag Tags on September 8. (After Labor Day)
- SRI and/or FRA tests should be given by September 11. Please turn in a Foundational Reading Report (FRA) and/or Growth Report (SRI). This growth report should only show the first test given.
- Don't forget to record initial SRI and/or FRA scores on the green card in the cumulative files!