Volume 2, Issue 14
I hope you all enjoyed the Holiday cart on Monday! We love offering all of you special treats. Did you read the poem carefully that you were given during the Holiday cart? I sure hope so! Jeans all week next week for you! We truly appreciate all you do for our students each and every day. Just a friendly reminder that as we approach Friday, some of our students aren't looking forward to 2 weeks at home. Please continue to monitor student behavior and hold all of our precious children accountable. Have an amazing weekend!
Our Week At A Glance
- Grades Due In Computer By 8 am
- UIL Coaches Meeting / Large Conf. Rm / 7:45
- Progress Reports Sent Home w/ Students / 2nd period
- Band Winter Concert / CTHS / 6:30
- 7th Grade Team Mtg. / Large Conf. Room / 7:45
- District Holiday Open House - Come In Go / Board Room / 9 - 4
- Campus Christmas Party / El Paseo on 199 / 6:00
- 6th & 8th Team Mtgs. / Front Office / 7:45
- Boys Basketball Games vs. Marsh @ Marsh / B 5:30, A 6:30
- Girls Basketball Games vs. Marsh @ Ed Willkie / B 5:30, A 6:30
- Spirit Theme - Dress Like a Cowboy! "Lasso the Lions!"
- Early Release 12:30 pm. Normal Early Release schedule.
Preparing students for real life situations
Five Keys to Comprehensive Assessment
Important Upcoming Dates
- The instructional rounds were another great learning opportunity for all that were involved. Thank you so much to those who participated. The conversations were rich and the learning will impact our campus immensely! We will continue to learn through the instructional round process and if you weren't able to attend, we hope to see you next time.
- The Staff Christmas Party should be a great meal and a fun evening of adult conversations! We are currently working on getting awesome door prizes for those who attend. Every adult receives a ticket for the drawings. Don't forget that if you are able to bring an unwrapped toy or gift card, we will donate to our local Toy Drive at Community Link! Please RSVP to Susan Naizer.
- Please plan to attend the District Holiday Open House if you have some free time during your conference on Wednesday, 12/16. It will take place at Central Office in the Board Room. There will be a lot of goodies to eat and EMS bands and choirs will provide free entertainment. Our band program will be performing at 10:10 and 10:45 if you have 3rd period conference and would like to attend.
- Are you interested in sponsoring and coaching a Destination Imagination team? If you are or would like to learn more about it, please let me know asap.
- On Friday, 12/18, we will follow our early dismissal bell schedule so you will see all of your classes with the exception of 6th period. At our 12:30 dismissal, we will need all hands on desk to help students safely and quietly exit our building. (6th grade – front of school, 7th grade – elective and hall sweep, 8th grade – buses)
- It is my pleasure to announce that Vivian Ayers is coming back on Monday! Please welcome her back when you see her.
Data for Instructional Rounds #3
- Karri Boyd, Annmarie Comer, Heather Crawford, Debbie Cromwell, Dawn Reynolds, and Dana Scott - Thank you for participating in the Mobile App District Focus Group!
- Susan Naizer, Samantha Bailey, Jennifer Smith, Christie Warden, Danny Knowles, Heather Rush, Nicole Stevens, Garrett Smith, Michael Payne, Bob Eikenberry, Rob Moore, Brady Blair, Trey Brown, David Johnson, Carl Lorey, Pam Kelly, BJ Kiser, Bri Perry, and Daryel Sellers - Thank you for participating in the counseling focus group!
- Cheryl Bonnick - Thank you for going above and beyond, knowing, and taking care of all of your students!
- Gayatri Pandit - Thank you for being proactive and doing what is best for your students!
- Katie Munk - Thank you for organizing the HCTC field trip!
- Karen Walters - Thank you for all of your help with 504!
- Laura Ortiz - Thank you for jumping right in and having a positive attitude!
- Amy Huddleston - Thank you for your partnership with Danny Knowles!
- Michael Leary - Thank you for finding and sharing a great YouTube video with us!
- Ashley Velasco & Jen Fifer - Thank you for making our Holiday cart such a huge success!
- Kayla Bradford, Karen Walters, and Ashley Velasco- Thank you for covering classes when we are short!
- Nyemade Gilmore - Thank you for conducting an informative CPR training!
- Carl Lorey & Kyle Wheatley - Thank you for putting on a beautiful winter choir concert! Our kids sounded amazing!
- Susan Naizer - Thank you for providing an opportunity for some of our students to see a high school play that they may not have had otherwise!
- Deborah Combs, Priscilla Green, and Christy Brewer - Thank you for attending the winter choir concert and support our students!
- Garrett Smith - Thank you for covering Coach Scott's class so that she can drive the bus to the HCTC!
- Debbie Cromwell - Thank you for being proactive with our students that have a variation of needs!
- Kyle Wheatley - Thank you for covering Coach McKinnie's class so that he could return the bus to the bus barn after driving for our field trip to HCTC!
- Brandon Bronaugh, Drew McKinnie, Dana Scott, and Rob Moore - Thank you for driving the bus so that all of our 8th grade students could attend the field trip this week!
- Jennifer Smith - Thank you for your generosity!
"That's how we roll"
Mrs. Bourgeios' class working cooperatively to put a puzzle together during the LionsQuest lesson yesterday.