2015 Fall Update
2015 Pride of the Sierra Update
- The band is 200 members strong!!! This is the largest marching band in the University of Nevada history.
- The band is traveling to Fresno for the game on November 5, 2015.
- The band will be a featured performing group at a Bands of America regional competition at American Canyon High School on November 7, 2015.
- With the addition of two graduate students entering the newly-formed masters in conducting program, the band has more instructional staff then ever before!
- The band was able to purchase many new instruments for the 2015-2016 year, including piccolos, saxophones, trumpets, mellophones, trombones, baritones, and sousaphones!
- The band is excited to announce the addition of a new music faculty position that will be half time with music education and half time with the marching band.
- Greater Nevada Credit Union has renewed their partnership with the band, and will now match up to $25,000 in donations! Donations can be made here: https://supportnevada.unr.edu/MarchingBand
Saturday, Oct. 24th, 1pm
1664 North Virginia Street
- Friday, October 23, 2015, 5:00PM - Rehearsal
- Friday, October 23, 2015, TBD - After rehearsal get together event
- Saturday, October 24, 2015, TBD (Early) - On Field Rehearsal with the Band
- Saturday, October 24, 2015, TBD, Meet for Entry into the Stadium and Game
- Attire - Please wear a Nevada Blue Polo Shirt and Jeans or Jean shorts.
- Hawaii will also have a 50 piece pep band at the game!!!