by Briana Price
Mortal or Immortal?
Aphrodite is immortal which means she cannot die.
God or Goddess....Monster or Human?
Aphrodite is a goddess, the goddess of love, desire, and beauty.
Venus is Aphrodite's roman name.
Mother and Father
Facts About Aphrodite
- After her birth Zeus was afraid the gods would fight over her hand in marriage.
- Aphrodite is the goddess of love, desire and beauty.
- Aphrodite was loved by many gods and mortals.
- Aphrodite was born when Uranus was deated by Zeus and the new gods.
- She wore a girdle with magic powers. The girdle made its wearer seem incredibly attractive to all who looked upon them.
- Aphrodite was married to Zeus' son Hephaestus.
- Aphrodite wasn't faithful to Hephaestus and had many lovers.
- The roman name for Aphrodite was Venus.
- Aphrodite was losely asscoiated with Cyprus, an island bear to where she was 'born'.
- aphrodite could not only be tricky but she could also be very kind, for example when the sculptor Pygmalion, one of her loyal followers, could not find a wife, Aphrodite gave life to one of his sculptures.
I chose Aphrodite because I think it's nice and she cares about others.Even though Aphrodite didn't marry the best person she cares for others and thinks about some of their marriages and who they care about. Aphrodite could be mean but she also liked to take advantage of her magic. She used her magic robe to show love. She relates to me because I'm interested in beauty and she is the goddess of love and beauty.