The Eagle's Call 🦅
Friday, October 15th, 2021
From Principal Tim Huber
Our Beautiful Campus 🌳🍂🌿I hope you have been getting outside and enjoying the beautiful weather this week! Fall is great time to be outside and at Harris Creek, we are so lucky to have a large, beautiful campus with a variety of spaces for students to play and learn. In the coming weeks and months, you’ll notice our campus getting much needed landscaping such as mulching and tree trimming. We are thrilled for our school to be even more inviting for the community and look forward to future projects that will add to the natural beauty!
Thank you for your continued support of your children and our school. Together, we will help our children SOAR to reach their greatest potential!
How to Easily Set Your WCPSS Communication Preferences
We recognize that you may be receiving a large volume of communication and we want to make sure you always see the information you need the most!
Set your SchoolMessenger message preferences by creating a SchoolMessenger Parent account. With this account you can select what information you receive and how you would like to receive it. You can create your account by downloading the SchoolMessenger app on your mobile device or go to https://go.schoolmessenger.com/.
- Use the email address entered for your student in PowerSchool to sign up.
- Most messages from Mr. Huber and WCPSS are sent as email and text using the General School Info broadcast.
- To receive text messages, text YES to 67587.
- For more information and instructions on how to create an account, visit: https://www.wcpss.net/schoolmessenger.
Help Stock The Teacher's Lounge! 😋
Please help us stock the teachers lounge with treats and essentials. Upon check out, you can designate an alternate pick up person, "Harris Creek PTA". A member of the PTA will happily pick up items from target. Or, drop off at the school. Use the link to register: https://www.target.com/gift-registry/gift/harriscreekpta
WCPSS Volunteer Registration
Health and Wellness Reminders ♥
NOTIFICATION REMINDER: If your child or a household member receives a positive COVID test or if they are exposed to someone with COVID, please notify your child’s teacher and an administrator right away. An administrator will reach out to assist with next steps. View wcpss.net/WhenToReturn for requirements to return after a COVID-19 diagnosis, exposure, or symptoms.
TYPES OF APPROVED FACE COVERINGS: The link to guidance on approved types of face coverings can be found here. Mask compliance (over the nose, covering mouth, under the chin) is important. You can continue to help by ensuring your child’s mask is as comfortable as possible, while meeting the criteria for an approved face covering.
Thank you for doing your part to keep our kids in school!
Extended/Summer Learning Update
We're Hiring! 🏫
- Yoga/Dance/Mindfulness Teacher (to be part of specials rotation)
- 1st grade teacher, Track 4
- 4th grade teacher, Track 4
- Special Education teacher, Track 3
- 1st grade Instructional Assistant, Track 3
- Special Education (ECS2) Instructional Assistant, Track 4
- 5th grade teacher, Track 1, available 1/1/2022
- Kindergarten Instructional Assistant, Track 3, available 1/1/2022
Join The PTA! 🤝
Please consider supporting our school by joining the Harris Creek Elementary PTA. Joining the PTA is a great way to show staff and students that you support them. No time commitment is required, but there are always opportunities should you want to get involved. Join the PTA online at: https://hces.memberhub.com/store
If you haven't already, please follow the Harris Creek Elementary PTA Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/HarrisCreekPta. The Facebook page is a wonderful way to engage with what is happening at the school. You will also find reminders for upcoming events such as picture day, PTA meetings, teacher workdays, etc. Remember to set your notifications to "see first" so you don't miss a thing!
Bus Transportation Information 🚌
Please use the Here Comes the Bus app (App Store or Google Play Store) to monitor the location of your student’s bus and when it is approaching his/her stop. To sign up: https://herecomesthebus.com/parents/get-started/ . The WCPSS school code for school bus tracking is 67500. You will need to use your child's student ID number as well.
You can also follow @HCESBuses on Twitter to confirm when your child's bus leaves campus each afternoon.
Upcoming Dates to Remember
- October 25: Welcome Back Track 4!
- October 25 : Track 3 Track Out begins (Oct 25 – Nov 14)
- October 25-Nov 5: Summer/Extended Learning for Track 3 students
- October 29: Report Cards Go Home for Track 4
- Nov 2: Teacher Workday/Election Day (no school for students)
- November 10: Picture day for Virtual Academy students, Picture Makeups Tracks 1,2 & 4
- Nov 11: Veterans Day (no school for students)