Tiger Talk - Pick Up Property Time!
And..... we have a plan!
Time to pick up your Tiger(s) Property
Our classroom teachers have carefully gathered and packed our students' belongings in Tiger Property Bags. Each bag is labeled with the Tiger's name and includes all of the property to be returned to Tigers, such as:
- Class group photo packages
- Requested Field Trip Refund Checks
- Medication left in care of the nurse during the 2019-2020 school year
- Contents of the Tiger's classroom cubby, desk, or other classroom storage containers
The Tiger Property Bags will be available for the Tigers' parents/guardians to pick up:
- Tuesday, May 12, from 9 am to 11:30 am
- Tuesday, May 12, from noon to 2:30 pm
- Wednesday, May 13, from 9 am to 11:30 am
- Wednesday, May 13, from noon to 2:30 pm
And, bring your WCHE library books with you! We'll collect them as you drive through our Tiger Property Bag pick up lanes. A library collection cart/bin will be placed at each collection site. If you have books to return, just place them in the collection cart/bin.
Parents/Guardians with last names beginning with letters A through K will pick up Tiger Property Bags belonging to their child(ren) at the main entrance on Cypress Ranch Blvd. Parents/Guardians with last names beginning with letters L through Z will pick up Tiger Property Bags belonging to their child(ren) at the side entrance on Verbena. As we detect your car tag (or ask your name) we'll bring your Tigers' Property Bags to your vehicle.
Vehicles Only, Please
Hang your car rider tag from the review mirror
No tag? Make a sign. Write your name, in big bold letters, on a piece of paper and display your name sign in your windshield.
Please do not attempt to walk up to the school to retrieve Property Bags
3 Vehicles at a time will be loaded at each site.
If experiencing symptoms, contact Principal Beninga or Donna Richardson for alternate pick up plan.
Do not bring LTISD chromebooks or wifi hotspots. You'll need these for continued learning.
Information Concerning Class and Spring Individual Photos
Wondering what happened to our class and spring individual photos that were taken February 20? No worries! The class photos you ordered are safe and secure at the school. We placed your photos in your Tiger Property Bags, and you can drive by to pick up your Tigers' Property Bags at a time convenient to you between 9 & 11:30 am or 12 to 2:30 pm on Tuesday, May 12, and Wednesday, May 13.
Lifetouch has made the individual spring student photos available for viewing and ordering online this year. You can view the instructions here and well as in the snapshot shown below. Individual photo packages ordered from Lifetouch will be delivered to your home directly from Lifetouch.
Your Field Trip Reimbursements
In order to keep our Tigers sheltered safely at home, all of our spring field trips planned for March through May were canceled. Some of our first and fourth graders' families had already paid for their field trips and may, therefore, be concerned about the funds turned in to teachers before we realized that the field trips could not take place.
Please rest assured that we have deposited your payments, have recorded your payments, and have a record of the resulting credit balance of each family.
And, we have plans to ensure that you receive full credit for your payment(s.)
- For students returning to West Cypress Hills Elementary School for the 2020-2021 school year, the credit balance due your family for West Cypress Hills' canceled field trips will be applied toward the purchase price of West Cypress Hills classroom t-shirts and/or field trips that take place during the 2020-2021 school year.
- For students who are not attending West Cypress Hills Elementary School during the 2020-2021 school year, a refund check will be issued to your family by West Cypress Hills Elementary School by the end of the school year. To obtain your refund check, please complete the WCHE Field Trip Refund Request Form. A reimbursement check will be included in your Tigers' Property Bag if the refund form is completed and submitted by May 8.
Update on Yearbook Deliveries
We understand from the publisher of our yearbooks that their facilities are currently closed. This means that the 2019-2020 yearbooks are not scheduled to be published and delivered to West Cypress Hills until late summer/early fall. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause your family.
When the 2019-2020 WCHE yearbooks arrive, we will notify everyone through our Tiger Talk and put a notice on our website. We will ask Rough Hollow Elementary and Lake Travis Middle School to publish notifications, too. Here is our plan for yearbook delivery:
- For Tigers returning to WCHE for the 2020-2021 school year, the 2019-2020 yearbooks will be delivered to them when school is in session next fall.
- For 5th Grade Tigers moving on to middle school, we will have your yearbook delivered to you at your middle school.
- For Tigers who will be RHE Rattlers next year, your yearbook will be delivered to RHE for delivery to you there.
- And, for those who did not order a yearbook but wish to purchase one, the yearbooks will be available for purchase at the front desk of WCHE on a first-come-first-served basis during the 2020-2021 school year.
Tiger Jedi Challenge from our Coaches
May the Force be with You!
Tigers, or should I call you Young Jedis:
Coach C and I are really missing you and wanted to give you a fun challenge that you can do by yourself or with your family. Check out the challenge and the video. We miss your faces, so if you would like to send us a video or picture of you conquering this quest, please do! Email Coach Mirizzi and/or email Coach Cadorette.
Stay healthy my friends, and MAY the force be with you!
Coach Mirizzi & Coach Cadorette
Upcoming Tiger Property Collection Events
By 05/08/20..........Submit 1st/4th grade field trip refund request form (only for students not returning to WCHE in the 2020-2021 school year) to ensure that your refund check can be in the Tiger Property Bag!
05/12/20..........Tiger Property Bag Pickup Day - 9 - 11:30 and 12 - 2:30
05/13/20..........Tiger Property Bag Pickup Day - 9 - 11:30 and 12 - 2:30
If your Tiger's last name begins A - K, your Tiger Property Bag pick up is at the main entrance.
If your Tiger's last name begins L - Z, your Tiger Property Bag pick up is the Verbena entrance. Vehicles only. To ensure your safety, no walk ups. Thanks!