September 21, 2016
Coming Up this week and next:
Happy Birthday to: Julie 9/19, Deb Dauffenbach 9/20
Be sure you're getting your Staff Panther of the Nominations turned in
Wednesday 9/21 Universal Vocabulary Staff Mtg 7:30-8:30 "Choosing Words to Teach"; Jones (7:30 Safety Comm), (9-4 Admin.)
Thursday 9/22 9:30 fire drill if weather permits, 10:00 third common planning, PBIS Tier II 1:00-4:00 Koni (Rebecca Gross), Dan (Amy Hayes), Heidi (Joanne Dietrich, Anne (Diane Trapp), Karen (Teresa Schmeling), Tina, Erin, Jen W., 2:00 second grade common planning. Running records should wrap up for students new to PKL and intervention.
Friday 9/23 9:00 fourth grade common planning, PBIS Celebration 1:30-3:30, 3:00 Kim S. to PKL to mt. w. Jones,
Jen Wagner will begin SAIG groups Round 1; Raccoon Readers coming 10:30-11:15
Monday 9/26: 11:00 5K common planning, 1:00 first common planning, 4:00 Jones/Learning Strategist planning mtg.
Tuesday 9/27: 9:30 para mtg. in Andrea's room, Colleen H./Wendy S. will be here during common planning to meet with teams about the new GT guidelines/procedures
Thursday 9/29: 9:00 fourth common planning, 10:00 third common planning, 2:00 second grade common planning, 3:00 PTO walk-a-thon (4K/5K blacktop track, 1st/2nd by the kickball field, 3rd/4th by soccer fields-all like last year. PTO will have freeze pops for afterward.)
4-6 PM PTO Family Fun NIght; inflatables, Kona Ice, DJ, Dr. Rindo will be here too
Friday 9/30: District student services staff working from PKL all day (Lisa D., Dyanna K., Kim S., and Robbie). 8:50 Midnight Morning Mtg.(grade level colors), 10:30-11:15 Racoon Readers in the morning, 1-3:00 Midnight Market
Raccoon Readers Coming to PKL Sept. 30th
On Friday, September 30th our Raccoon Readers will be joining Park Lawn from 10:30-11:15. We have approximately 17 players coming. Please have a book or two ready for them to read aloud to your class. If you do not want a player coming to your room please send me an email. Otherwise, I will be taking the players around on Friday and placing them in classrooms. This will be a great opportunity for the students! -Andrea
Homecoming week of 9/26-9/30 PKL Spirit Days
Tuesday- Neon Day; Making Park Lawn the brightest school around
Wednesday- Black and White Day; this years homecoming these is Back to the 50's so let's wear black and white to commemorate all the great black and white TV shows from the 50's
Thursday: PURPLE OR for the Panther Stride/walk-a-thon shirt
Friday: Back to the 50's or Oconomowoc Pride - WEAR GRADE LEVEL SHIRTS
Staff EMERGENCY PHONE List
Monthly Fire Drill; THIS WEEK WEATHER PERMITTING- Probably Thursday morning
- Your class knows where to line up on the playground during a fire drill; home room and during specials
- Your white emergency folder is stocked with your current class list and critical phone numbers for families; this folder should accompany you during ALL emergency drills.
- Your emergency folder should also include a green and red sheet of construction paper that you show during the drill to indicate all of your students are or are not with you.
- Remember that if you have a Wilkie-talkie on your person or in your classroom that it should accompany you during an emergency drill
- If possible grab a reflective vest on your way out the door so that emergency responders are able to easily identify staff
- Remind student why it is important that they remain quiet during emergency drills
- Have a plan for children with compromised mobility
- Remind students that the fire alarm is loud for a reason; we need to make sure everyone can hear it and it is ok for them to cover their ears
- As always, our September fire drill will be announced and I will also prep students via PKL and I will be adding much of the above information to the Panther Press so that parents can support our safety efforts as well
Assessments; updated 9-19-16
Please make sure that you enter ALL scores into Skyward by the end of the assessment period. This includes both F and P (if administered) and Words Their Way scores. Thank you!
MAP Kindergarten in October.
PKL 94 Jen will be reviewing recess expectations
Week 1: Panthers in the Classroom
Week 2: Panthers Around School (lunchroom, restroom, halls)
Week 3: Panthers on the Playground
October 10-14 Complete Internal/External assessments with hopes of next round of SAIG beginning 10/21 &10/28 depending on parent permissions.
Educator Effectiveness Update...September and October
September/October: complete district assessments and review data. Craft SLO's and PPG's by October 31st. The Joan/Sarah meetings of years past will not occur this year for those on supportive. Instead I will meet with everyone via common planning or 10/7 (the PD day). Teaching and Learning staff will also be on site on 10/7 if you'd like to meet with them. Summary year friends will needs to complete the self-review as well but as I always say, "Never hurts to review the self-review."
January/February: Mid-year reviews by 2/20
April-June 30th: wrap up and complete end year stuff