RHS BlueJay Bulletin
Virtual Learning Orientation 9-3-2020
Laptop and Resource Pickup- Final Call
Thank you to all the families that attended the distribution events this week as we prepare for the school year. If you were unable to pick up your students laptop and resources for the school year, please email Terri Friebohle (firstname.lastname@example.org) to coordinate a time to pick up your student's materials. As a reminder, the residency process must be completed to pick up items for the school year. If you need to exchange, return, or pick up new materials after the school year begins, please email Ms. Friebohle as well to help with this process. Please be specific to what you are needing to pick up, exchange or return to the school when notifying Ms. Friebohle (i.e. picking up a laptop, returning art supplies, etc). We appreciate your continued support as we begin the school year!
First Day of School
Students will begin their 2020-2021 school year virtually from home. We will begin classes at 8:00 AM on Tuesday, September 8th. In order for students to be prepared for their first day, they should do the following things:
- Ensure they can successfully login into their school device: Username- Student ID number; Password- the same one from previous years. If you are new to the district and have not successfully logged in, please contact your counselor or administrator.
- Ensure they can successfully login into Google Suite Applications (gmail, Google Classroom, Google Drive, etc) from Google Chrome browser. They will use their student email (student number @student.raytownschools.org- i.e. email@example.com) and the same password used to login to the device.
- Students should visit Google Classroom and make sure to either accept the teacher invitation or choose to join the class using the code that was sent via email.
- Students will use Zoom to attend class using the virtual schedule.
Virtual Learning Resources and Orientation on RHS Website
We have added important information to our school website page. RHS Website
On the menu bar, you will see a tab called Virtual Orientation. Here you will find Meet the Teacher Open House Videos, Freshman Orientation Presentation, and Virtual Learning Resources. Use the Links below to access each page. There are helpful videos embedded in the Virtual Learning Presentation that give instructions regarding Zoom, Google Classroom, etc.
The Newsletter is now also on our website page under the BlueJay Bulletin Tab.
Virtual Learning "Bell Schedule"
- Classes will be blocked, meaning that half the class will occur each day.
- “A” days= Periods 1, 3 ,5 ,7
- “B” days= Periods 2, 4, 6, and Advisory.
- Block days will rotate each school day beginning with an “A” day on September 8.
- Afternoons will have open/live tutoring sessions where teachers can assist students with asynchronous/on-your-own-time learning tasks.
- This schedule will allow for needed time for direct instruction/interaction with teachers as well as flexibility for students to complete asynchronous/on-your-own-time learning tasks.
- Students will attend all synchronous (live) sessions just like they would during a regular in-person school day.
- Zoom will be the primary method for these sessions.
- Students should be on camera with their face clearly visible.
- If possible, the student should be in a quiet non-distracting place where they have room to complete school work tasks.
- Students’ attire that is visible must be appropriate for the school setting, as should the background.
Student Services Staff Contacts