~ Hawley Elementary School Newsletter: September 19, 2022 ~
From the Desk of Mr. Moretti.....
Dear Hawley Parents/Guardians, Teachers, and Staff,
We continue to roll along. Both Open House evenings were terrific last week. It was so nice seeing all of you (although in 2 different buildings). The PTA Ice Cream Social is THIS week and we can ALL be TOGETHER. Yeah!!!
Buckle up, stay seated, and keep your hands and feet in the car at all times, as you read on to find out What's Happening at Hawley .....
~ Open House Presentations ~
~ Picture Day ~
Click HERE for Coffee Pond's flyer, Bar Code, & ordering information.
~ Attendance Letters ~
We used to send letters informing parents of Absence 6 and 9. We stopped during COVID as we all had many absences beyond our control. This year, the District is beginning to send them out again.
I tell parents that there are years that your child may have many absences and years they may have only a few. If I grow concerned for any reason, I will call you. The letters are a formality we must do based again, on State legislation.
Please feel free to reach out with any questions.
~ Free Lunch ~
As shared previously, Newtown Public School will be offering free lunch meals starting into the 2022-2023 school year. This limited funding is available until we transition back to our regular lunch program.
We encourage all parents that feel that they may be eligible for free and reduced price meals to complete the free/reduced application and the Amendment "A" as soon as possible.
In doing so, we can determine if your child is eligible for other programs.
You can mail the application to Jacki Kulikowski, c/o Newtown High School, 12 Berkshire Rd, Sandy Hook, CT 06482. Questions can be directed to Jacki Kulikowski @ 203-270-6134 or by email.
Click HERE for the Food Services website to access the application. It is on the right hand side under Announcements.
~ Say Hello ~
Important Reminders / General Info
- Remember that if you need to get in touch with us, our main number is unchanged. Call 203-426-7666 and you will reach the Hawley secretaries. Please do not call the main office of Sandy Hook or Reed,
- Since we are in two buildings that students are unfamiliar, combined with the end of the day being very busy, we ask that no students be picked up between 3:00-3:25 PM.
- If you are wondering..... ASK!
Dates to Remember
- Thurs, 9/22: PTA Ice Cream Social, click HERE for details
- Fri, 9/23: 3-Hr Early Release Days (12:37 PM), Professional Development
- Mon, 9/26: NO School, Rosh Hashanah
- Thurs, 9/29: Mum Pick Up, Reed Gym, 3:00-4:00
- Wed, 10/5: NO School, Yom Kippur
- Wed, 10/12: Pumpkin Carving, Reed Cafe, 6:00-7:30, click HERE to sign up