Pansophia Academy Weekly
Great Job Parents! We are at a daily attendance rate of 96%. Keep it up.
The Week of March 11th
3:00 Little Women Auditions
EMC & DE Accuplacer Testing
Crazy Hair Day- March is Reading Month
Project Lean: Lehman, Esterline & Miller
8:25 8th grade BACC visit
3:00 p.m. Girls on the Run
Dentists R Us
8:00 United We Read
3:00 p.m. Little Women Auditions
Project Lean: Maurer, Grable, Bird, Verde
Dress as your favorite book character- March is Reading Month
3:00 Girls on the Run
4:30 Shamrock Social
No Events Scheduled
Please Welcome Mrs. Kasperski to PA!
Mrs. Kasperski will be the new face in the front office.
The Scholastic Book Fair is this week!
Pick up some great reading material for March is Reading Month. Stop by the book fair, this week.
Our Seniors, in Chicago!
Our Seniors experienced Chicago this past weekend. Looks like they had a blast.
The Scholastic Book Fair is this week!
Report Cards and Make up day!
Grades Locked: March 15, 2019
Report Cards will be sent home on Friday!
We are awaiting approval of our 3 day waiver for make up days! If approved, we would still have 1 day that we needed to make up. Currently that day will be made up on April 19th. April 19th is currently scheduled as a day off. On this day we would run an Early Release Friday Schedule. Although no date is ideal, we felt this day would be less problematic compared to the option of adding a day at the end of the year (which would have students coming back on Monday, June 3rd. We will communicate with families as soon as final decisions are made.
Please welcome Mrs. Kasperski to the PA staff!
Hot Topics! Parking
Construction will begin in early April. Our current parking lot off of Elizabeth Street will be unusable during most phases of construction. We are working on pick up and drop off changes that will impact student drop off in the morning and pick up in the afternoon. Some of the changes being considered are:
*Student drop off in the morning will occur in the parking loop off of Abbott Avenue
*Student car rider pick up will continue as normal in the parking loop off of Abbott Avenue
*Student Walker room pick ups will need to join the car rider pick up process on Abbott
Avenue due to construction of that area.
*Secondary afternoon pick up: We are considering 2 locations (Cars line up on the North
side of Elizabeth Street and possibly BACC parking lot or Morse Street, south of Elizabeth)
We will communicate with parents as soon as final decisions are made. Please remember, this is an adjustment for the last 2 months of school, so we can begin construction. We will all have to change a little and work together to make sure our kids are as safe as possible during this phase of construction. We do not want foot/car traffic in construction areas. If you have suggestions, please call the academy.
Final page turn of prints have been done
· We’re getting ready to publish an Ad for bid in the local paper for tradesmen needed
· Water fountains in new area will have bottle water fill stations as well as drinking fountains
· Science room, music room, and art room have eco-friendly lighting. If the sun is shining bright, the lights will dim down. If the sun is not shining the lights will turn up. The Science lab areas will have switch controlled lights to provide extra lighting in this area.
· Garbage Waste Container will be enclosed and secure
· New kitchen has area to expand services under a new and larger hood system
· RFP board throughout kitchen to aid in sanitation
· Own storage room, eliminating shed storage
· Kitchen will include a fresh fruit and vegetable wash station and more prep tables
· Etched Puma “P” will face outwards on top entry window
· Puma claw that the children voted for will be in foyer area bedded into the flooring
· Each classroom will have its own eco bee thermostat for temperature control within their room
· Science lab areas will have 2 head gas flow stations
· Classrooms will have Mag door locks that will allow teachers to lock the door from the inside if an intruder were to be present
· Music room has practice room, acoustical wall to provide high sound quality while keeping the sound to travel to next door rooms
· Art room will be equipped with a nice storage room and kiln room (space enough for 2 kilns)
· School name will be up lit on side of new building
· Working on address change
· Currently School Staff is working on a procedures and areas of drop off and pick up while construction is occurring.
285 Division St, Coldwater, MI 49036
“Byce & Associates, Inc. is a team of imaginative and practical design professionals for the built environment. We provide our clients with service excellence, resulting in long standing relationships. As the owner’s advocate, we utilize creative problem solving to provide an economical, functional, and sustainable facility.”
Piper & Gold
Piper & Gold Public Relations is a team of PR stars in Old Town, Lansing. The full team supports each project and client as deemed appropriate by the team leaders, and we work with a talented network of small businesses and vendors to provide the best solutions and ideas to our clients and community.