Hotel for fireflies
- Housing includes options from a marsh to a lively forest.
- Dining places in the area consist of meals varying from pollen and nectar to worms, slugs, and small insects.
- Daycare times are from 9:00 am to 10:00 pm to keep glowworms entertained.
- The resort is free of human contact and light pollution making it a safe place to stay.
- Fireflies are mainly carnivorous; larvae feed on worms and snails while adults eat nectar and pollen.
- LIFE CYCLE = egg, larvae, pupa, adult.
- They create a chemical reaction causing them to light up and communicate.
- there are over 2000 species of them.
- Their dangers are human contact and light pollution.
- they are actually considered beetles.
- amphibians are known to eat them.