October 23, 2020
This week was an exciting week for Corley families! The fall semester Parent/Teacher conferences took place in a new virtual format. We appreciate all of the parents who met with the teachers to discuss student progress. We are proud of the work of our students and teachers.
If you were not able to attend a conference or if you have any questions, please reach out to your child’s teacher. The home-school connection is crucial to student success.
"Fall" Into a Good Book!
Let's celebrate reading! Students are invited to come to school dressed as a favorite book character on Friday, October 30th. They should also bring the book that their character is from, if possible. All in-person and digital students are invited to participate.
The Scholastic Book Fair is open!
The Scholastic Book Fair is open! Join your kids in exploring titles and plots and discovering inspiring characters. Empower them by letting them choose the books to purchase—and bring on the joy of reading!
Shop online though October 29th to support our school!!
DON'T MISS IPAD GIVEAWAY! FILL OUT YOUR FREE & REDUCED LUNCH APPLICATION TO ENTER THE GIVEAWAY
Mask and Face Covering Guidelines
All face masks or face coverings should:
• Fully cover the nose and mouth and secure under the chin.
• Fit securely against both sides of the face.
How many masks should I provide for my child?
We recommend at least 2. One will be worn when the student arrives to school, but a back-up should be sent in a sealed plastic bag kept in the backpack. If one gets dirty during the school day, we'll switch out the masks and send the soiled one home to be laundered.
We thank you for sending our Patriots to school with masks and the other appropriate materials to ensure safety and academic success.
Curbside Pick-up of Meals Monday-Friday. Meals will be available for pick-up from 11:00-12:30.
We have been talking with Corley students about mindfulness or being mindful. That means slowing down so you can pay attention to how your body and heart feel, and what your mind is full of, or what your mind is thinking.
Corley students and teachers have learned these breathing techniques. You can try these at home too.
When you arrive to the school please have your Photo ID out and ready to show at the door Buzz In System. We will bring your student to you.
· Students, staff and visitors must wear a face mask when in the building.
· School visits are limited to registration time; by appointment only.
· The Visitors Management System (VMS), or “Buzz-in” system, will be used. ALL parents and other school visitors will be required to state the purpose of the visit before gaining access to the school building.
· Visitors will not be permitted in the building this year. Guests will be permitted to enter the reception area to conduct business that cannot be conducted over the phone. We strongly encourage the use of phone and/or email to conduct school business. Should this not be possible, school business beyond the reception area must be conducted by appointment only.