CSinPA K-8 Pathway
Seeking a cohort of educators interested in learning more about Computer Science in Pennsylvania K-8. Join us for a virtual CS pathway.
What is it?
- No cost
- 48 hours of Act 48 credit
- 100% virtual experience consisting of asynchronous and synchronous online activities that support participants to expand CS access for all students.
Why get teachers to participate?
The Pathway supports K-8 educators involved with Computer Science instruction, whether as stand-alone classes or by integrating Computer Science concepts and practices into other content-area instruction. It is recommended, but not required, that districts engage with a team of 2+ educators to allow for collaboration throughout the pathway.
Who is able and encouraged to participate?
Any K-8 educator may participate!
You may be interested if:
- Your district received a PAsmart Targeted Grant and would like more staff members to participate in Computer Science professional development.
- Have completed CS SCRIPT and set district goals.
- Have NOT participated in PAsmart but want to engage educators and deeper understanding and learning related to Computer Science.
- Please Note: This pathway is NOT recommended for individual educators who have already completed the statewide K-8 PATTAN hosted pathway series as part of the PAsmart Targeted Grant program.
What is the structure of the Pathway?
- Teachers will complete 8 sequential modules of professional learning with up to 6 hours of activities each (1 module to complete per month) in Schoology.
- These modules are mainly asynchronous with a few synchronous connection opportunities-teachers work at their own pace!
- IU Support Checkpoints will be implemented throughout the modules.
- Running two cohorts - Spring and Summer
- The content in each cohort will be the same
2021 Cohort Dates
Summer-Fall 2021 Cohort Dates:
June 15, 2021 - - December 31, 2021