November 22, 2022
To translate this newsletter, please use the link to the right.
Para traduzir este boletim, clique nele e use o link à direita.
Para traducir este boletín, haga clic en él y luego use el enlace a la derecha.
لترجمة هذه الرسالة من المدرسة ، اضغط عليها ثم استخدم الرابط الموجود على اليمين.
Այս տեղեկագիրը թարգմանելու համար կտտացրեք այն, ապա օգտագործեք աջ կողմում գտնվող հղումը:
Чтобы перевести этот бюллетень, нажмите на него, затем воспользуйтесь ссылкой справа.
Bu bülteni çevirmek için üzerine tıklayın ve ardından sağdaki bağlantıyı kullanın.
highlights of the week
WHS At fenway!
Keep warm for the Thanksgiving Day game and celebrate the 100th Watertown vs. Belmont football game in style while supporting the PTSO. Hats are $15 and all proceeds support WHS students and activities. Any remaining hats will be sold (first come first served) at the game.
fenway bag policy, prohibited items, and important information
This policy is copy and pasted from the Fenway website :-)
Bag Policy/Prohibited Items List
Bags must be 5"x9"x2" or smaller (the size of a small purse or clutch) or use of clear bags no larger than 12” x 12” x 6”. Backpacks, drawstring bags, duffel bags, tote bags, oversized purses, and other similar style bags are NOT permitted. Exceptions will be made for diaper bags and bags containing essential medical equipment.
All bags will be subject to search as referenced above. Please pay close attention to the prohibited items list below.
Fans who arrive to an entry gate for a game with a non-permitted bag will have the option of storing their bag for a fee with a third-party locker company. This locker truck is located on top of the Lansdowne Garage across from Gate E.
Below is a list of items that will not be permitted into Fenway Park.
We will not be responsible for storing any of the items on the following list. Any prohibited items left at the screening area shall be considered surrendered and will be discarded. Fans will not be able to retrieve any surrendered items. Concealment of any item on the below list could result in denial of entry. Fenway Park is a private facility and reserves the right to prohibit any item not on the below list in the interest of public safety and enjoyment for all fans.
• Bags larger than 5"x9"x2" in size
• Firearms, including those held by lawfully licensed individuals or off-duty police officers of any law enforcement
agency or jurisdiction. This restriction includes ammunition.
• Knives, box cutters, tool of any kind (including Leatherman), or any item that could be used as a weapon
• Marijuana (including medical marijuana)
• Pepper spray or mace
• Hard-sided coolers
• Cans, bottles, glass containers except one sealed 16oz plastic bottle of water
• Alcoholic beverages, illegal substances
• Noise-making devices
• Laser pointers or similar devices that may be used to disrupt play on the field
• Costumes and/or costume masks
• Clothing items determined offensive by Red Sox management
• Signs, banners and other items may be admitted as long as they do not: obstruct the sight lines of other fans, cover up existing signage, exhibit messages commercial or political in nature, create a disturbance or contain obscene or offensive language or interfere with other fans' enjoyment of the game. Signs, banners and other items may not be paraded around the ballpark, affixed to any permanent structures, or hung over fascia boards or the Green Monster. Management reserves the right to remove any signs or banners at any time.
• Umbrellas are allowed inside Fenway Park but may only be used during official rain delays
• Professional audio/visual equipment including tri-pods and mono-pods are prohibited from Fenway Park.
Consumer rated cameras and video cameras are permitted but cannot be used to reproduce the game and must not interfere with other fans' enjoyment of the game.
For more information, please see the Fenway website here.
Thanksgiving Week Schedule
We are finishing our half day with a pep rally today. Students that prefer to not attend the pep rally will be given the option of a quieter space in the auditorium. As always, if you would like to dismiss your student, please contact our attendance office at 617-926-7730.
There will be no school Thursday and Friday.
Family - Teacher Conferences
Offering multiple formats to meet allows for families to attend that may have scheduling conflicts or work commitments. We appreciate your flexibility as we do our best to serve all families.
The link to sign up was shared in a separate newsletter, here it is again.
Winter sports will start next Monday, the 28th.
new building update
The community forum to discuss Moxley High School yesterday was great! Control of Moxley Field is being transferred to construction personnel and fencing will be installed soon to begin the project.
If you haven't already, please see our 9 minute animation of the new WHS building coming in 2026 here.
Please find the SBC's website here as it is a great resource to keep your finger on the pulse of these exciting new projects.
Seeking STEM Professionals for Classroom visits
The attendance line can always be reached through our main phone number, but for direct access to our attendance office please call: 617-926-7730.
Nov 23: 1/2 Day - Watertown VS. Belmont @ Fenway
Nov 24/25: No school
Dec 1: IN PERSON Family Teacher Conferences
Dec 6: ZOOM Family Teacher Conferences