St. Anthony MS
One Team. One Family.
Week Ahead for September 8th - September 11th
Not some special power you are born with.
- James Galanis
Schedule for the Week
Monday (Labor Day - No School)
Tuesday (Maroon B Day)
- We will have our first all-school Mass. Please be conscious about where the students in your classes are sitting during Mass - now would not be the best time to allow them to sit with their closest buddies.
- Elective Team Meeting and 7th Grade Team Meeting
Wednesday (Gold A Day)
- Kathy visits ELA teachers.
- Learning Exchange (LE) students start on the 4th Floor with our LE Teachers!
- 8th Grade Team Meeting
- Wednesday student folders go home.
- Please upload your lesson plans for the week of September 14th to the Google Drive folders by/on Thursday (tomorrow).
Thursday (Black B Day)
- Kathy visits ELA teachers
- Early Dismissal for Professional Development. Our focus will be on goal setting.
Friday (Maroon A Day)
- Our new President, Mr. Vásquez, will be visiting us! A group of our 8th grade students will be leading him on a tour of our building around 10:00am.
- 6th Grade Team Meeting
Need to Know Information
Please go to this link and take this climate survey! Thank you for providing the administrative team feedback, especially because we will use this to reflect and grow.
Special Video Feature of the Week
Here is the link to the video featuring our very own Mr. White and Ms. Wavro sharing a few thoughts on a method of note-taking and organization called Cornell Notes. Thank you for sharing!
A heads up that our enrollment could grow sometime this month. Admissions is estimating that we might gain 3 sixth graders, 5 seventh graders, and 7 eighth graders. I will communicate when I hear specifics and the entire building team will work to ease the transition and welcome new students to our team.
Please contact Katie if you have any connections that might be interested in donating school t-shirts to ALL of our Middle School students.
School Events Teacher Volunteers
Get your calendars out and sign up HERE for a social event! Although the minimum expectation is that everyone signs up for and attends one of these events, you are certainly welcome at additional events to support our students and families as well.
Soles for Education
Here is the link for Soles for Education. Take a look and consider joining the St. Anthony Team.
Tech Tip for the week - Duolingo
Duolingo is an App (Android and iDevices) and a website that is great for learning Spanish. It is split up into thematic units and it is designed so that each unit goes up in difficulty. You can even share your progress or challenge your colleagues and friends. (I'm KatieP281084)
Article for the week - 5 Fun Alternatives to Think-Pair-Share
This article shares five quick and easy methods to engage students in their learning.
In closing, special thanks to:
- Ms. Kunze for coordinating the new student lunches and for presenting all of the mandatory reporting information as well!
- Everyone for their flexibility this week. Whether it was trying a new parking arrangement to try to make dismissal safer for our students, being a traveling teacher, hosting traveling teachers, volunteering to sub for a colleague, or going that extra mile for students and parents, this Middle School team is phenomenal!