Events & Programs
- Fields of Green Internship Fair
Articles & Resources
- Making Professional Connections Over Winter Break
Featured from Tribe Careers
- Administrative Program Support Assistant at the Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation
- Project Manager at Management Systems International
- U.S. Department of State Pathways Internship Program
- Summer Internship - Bureau for Africa with the U.S. Agency for International Development
- The Governor's Fellowship Program (GFP)
Events & Programs
Fields of Green Internship Fair
If so, the Seventh Annual Fields of Green Internship Fair is for you!
This year we will host some of the leading environmental employers from the DC metro area and green companies looking for talented candidates to fulfill their internship needs. This year will feature some of the newest start ups and incubator companies in Bethesda. Come to the fair prepared to impress as employers will be interviewing promising candidates on-the-spot.
Here is a peak at some of the past employers and incubator companies who participated at last year’s Fields of Green Internship Fair!
- Green Wheaton
- Rock Creek Conservancy
- Student Conservation Association
- Montgomery County Food Council
- Department of Environmental Protection (Montgomery County)
- And many, many more!"
To find out more about this fair, go to http://bit.ly/1YI1QmG.
Articles & Resources
Making Professional Connections Over Winter Break
Winter break is a great time to make connections with professionals who work in industries or companies that you are interested in! Check out the Career Center's page on making connections and start reaching out to people!
Featured From Tribe Careers
Administrative Program Support Assistant at the Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation
- Database input
- Database management
- Phone calls
- Light correspondence
- Copying, mailing and distribution of promotional materials
- Assisting with monitoring web page
- Assisting with logistics for meetings and planning events
- Working on compiling development list of potential contacts for speaking engagements or fundraising activities
- Acting as assistants during after hours/special events.
If you're interested in learning more about this opportunity, log into Tribe Careers!
Project Manager at Management Systems International
Coordinating all contractual matters for both prime and subcontracts.
Tracking and ensure on-time client deliverable requirements.
Editing of contract deliverables including quarterly reports.
Recruiting and on-boarding of short-term consultants.
Coordinating logistics for on-boarding field project office employees and travel.
Providing home office support for overseas field project(s).
Managing project finances, approval requirements, track incoming costs, project future expenditures and preparation of financial reports
For more information about this opportunity, log into Tribe Careers and access the Ethical Jobs & Internships database! http://bit.ly/1lXnvJk
U.S. Department of State Pathways Internship Program
The U.S. Department of State is hiring for their Pathways Internship Program! If you're interested in working for the Federal Government, be sure to check out this opportunity!
Summer Internship - Bureau for Africa with the U.S. Agency for International Development
"In sub-Saharan Africa, USAID works to help build sustained and well-governed states that respond to the needs of their people, reduce widespread poverty, and conduct themselves responsibly in the international system. Our assistance to Africa aims to help African governments, institutions, and organizations advance good governance principles and innovative approaches to health, education, economic growth, agriculture, and the environment."
The Governor's Fellowship Program (GFP)
For more information about this opportunity, go to http://governor.virginia.gov/Fellows