Ranger News: Week of April 20, 2020
From the Principal
Thank you for helping to make week 1 of Warren's Learn at Home plan a success. The distribution of Chromebooks followed by greater than 90% of our Ranger students participating in learning activities has the Ranger staff excited to continue making connections and providing feedback to our students during the weeks ahead!
The following points of information and links are provided for the benefit of efficient reference:
- Learn at Home Lessons and Choice-boards will be available by 8am on Monday morning of each week at bit.ly/msdwarrenlearnathome. Students should plan to review lessons and activities, work through them throughout the week, and plan to share their work with teachers.
- All teachers are available for virtual office hours on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday each week from 9-10am. Students/caregivers can also call or email teachers any time, and can expect timely responses during the hours of 9am-4pm every weekday.
- All students have Virtual Community Time (Core Connect class) on Tuesday and Thursday from 9-10 a.m.
- Warren's Learn at Home FAQ sheet is a good resource for finding the answer to basic questions: ENGLISH SPANISH Questions regarding Warren's Learn at Home lessons can be directed to the eLearning hotline phone number 317-608-0545 or mail MSDWarrenELEARNING@warren.k12.in.us.
- Students in need of either a Chromebook or device repair can visit Warren Central HS, Door 70, 11am-1pm any weekday (Monday - Friday).
John Kleine, Principal
Internet Access Survey
PLEASE VISIT THIS LINK TO COMPLETE THE SURVEY.
Attention families of 7th & 8th grade Rangers:
Parents and Guardians- Do not forget to submit a 21st Century Scholars application for your 7th or 8th grader.
What is 21st Century Scholars? It is an early-college promise program designed to help ensure that every Hoosier student can afford the opportunity provided by a college education. Today, eligible students who maintain the Scholar Pledge to excellence in school and life receive a scholarship for up to four years of up to 100% tuition at an eligible Indiana college or university after they graduate from high school.
*8th Grade Parents-- The deadline to submit an application for your student is quickly approaching. All applications for current 8th grade students must be submitted by June 30, 2020!
Need help? Contact your grade level counselor for assistance:
7th Grade- Mrs. Iris Parrish firstname.lastname@example.org
8th Grade- Mrs. Adrienne Mathews email@example.com
Updated Food Distribution Information
If you find yourself in need beyond what is being offered, a District Community Outreach hotline and email have been created. You can either call 317-869-4308 or email MSDWarrenOutreach@warren.k12.in.us with your information. Someone from the district will contact you as soon as possible.
Yearbooks will be completed and delivered for the 2019-2020 school year. Order your 5th -8th grade combined RPI&MS yearbook today! You can order online at ybpay.lifetouch.com - yearbook ID code is 10818420. You can also order by sending in a check made payable to Lifetouch. A basic paperback yearbook costs $20 and is only a $5 charge to add a hardcover.
Dr. John Kleine - Principal
Mrs. Jina Simmons - 5th Grade Level Administrator
Mr. Andrew McAulay - 5th Grade Counselor
317.532-8900 ext. 8960
Mrs. April Price - 6th Grade Level Administrator
Ms. Katie Piatt - 6th Grade Counselor
317.532.8900 ext. 8910
Mr. Bill Halpin - 7th Grade Level Administrator
Mrs. Iris Parrish -7th Grade Counselor
317.532.8900 ext. 6508
Dr. Leondra Radford - 8th Grade Level Administrator
317.622.6851 (text only, please)
Mrs. Adrienne Mathews - 8th Grade Counselor
317.532.8900 ext. 8909