What Is It
Hands-only CPR is an alternative form to mouth-to-mouth CPR. It was created to help prevent the spread of diseases through mouth-to-mouth recessatation. It's also more appealing and friendly to the person saving the life of a person of the same sex.
- The American Heart Association trains more than 12 million people in CPR annually, to equip Americans with the skills they need to perform bystander CPR.
- CPR stands for Cardio Palminary Recessatation
- CPR use has been dated back to the mid 1700s
- CPR was officially invented in 1960
- If CPR is started within 4 minutes of a victim collapsing, they have a 40% higher chance of survival
- Cardiac Arrest is the leading cause of death in adults
- If bystander is CPR not provided, a victim’s chances of survival fall 7 percent to 10 percent for every minute.
- Special dolls/dummies are used for CPR training
- CPR does the work of the heart temporarily
- The youngest person to successfully preform CPR was 9 years old