Dip Eats the Lip
Chewing tobacco is a cancer invite
Chew is not worth chewing(FACTS)
As many as 20% of high school boys and 2% of high school girls use smokeless tobacco, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Chewing tobacco causes many oral cancers. 1/3 of people that chew are under the age of 21.
There is more than 20 oral cancers caused by chew. When people market chewing tobacco they use slogans such as "No smoking, no harm." About 9 million people worldwide use chewing tobacco. Most have started the habit at the age of 12 or 13.
The Tobacco Market
How much does the industry make per year?
The tobacco industry makes billions of dollars per year just for selling smokeless tobacco.
- 28 Cancer Causing Carcinogens: Too many to list here. But they all cause cancer.
- Acetaldehyde: An irritant of the skin, eyes, mucous membranes, throat and respiratory tract.
- Arsenic: A poisonous element used in metallurgy and science. This ingredient is highly poisonous.
- Benzopyrene: A chemical with scientific evidence proving that it has a link to cancer.
- Cadmium: A compound found in car batteries.
- Cyanide: A poisonous compound that is proven to kill in a high enough dose.
- Fiberglass: An irritant used to help the nicotine get into the blood stream.
- Formaldehyde: An additive that is used to embalm corpses. Deadly stuff.
- Hydrazine: A chemical used as rocket fuel in WWII.
- Lead: A highly poisonous metal compound that negatively effects every organ in the body.
- Nicotine: The addictive drug found in tobacco.
- Nitrosamines: Cancer causing chemicals found in cosmetics, rubber, latex and pesticides.
- Polonium: A nuclear waste byproduct.
- Salt: We all know salt, and how it raises blood pressure.
- Sand: An irritant used to open up the gum and jaw for the nicotine to get into the bloodstream.
- Sugar: Added as a sweetener, but also rots teeth and causes cavities.
- Tobacco: The main ingredient in chewing tobacco.
- Uranium 235: An ingredient used in nuclear weapons
Spit Tobacco Exposed