Books and Movies
At this time in history it was known as the lost generation for writing. After World War 1 times were hard and critical for families. Writing was phased out for a while, but brought back to help heel, express, and entertain way later after the war.
- F. SCOTT FITZGERALD -JAZZ AGE, THE GREAT GATSBY
- ERNEST HEMINGWAY -THE SUN ALSO RISES
- T.S. ELIOT- THE WASTE LAND
- EUGENE O'NEILL-DESIRE UNDER THE ELMS, A LONG DAY'S JOURNEY INTO NIGHT
- SINCLAIR LEWIS- MAIN STREET, BABBITT
At this time movies were a big hit. Unlike writing movies were just stating to be big. people loved to go to the theaters to have some fun for a while before being brought back to reality. It was a way to escape the bad times. "The Moving Picture" was a big part in documenting and learning , although there was no noise it was still great to enjoy.
- CHARLIE CHAPLIN
- RUDOLPH VALENTINO
- MARY PICKFORD
- WALT DISNEY