February 25, 2022
Upcoming important dates:
March 2nd - Virtual Learning Day/Professional Development
March 3rd - K-12 Evening Parent/Teacher Conference
March 7th -11th - Rainbow of Reading
March 8th - Spring Picture Day
March 8th - K-12 Evening Parent/Teacher Conference
March 21-25 - No School - Spring Break
Pickerington Elementary: @PickeringtonES
Pickerington Elementary PTO: @PickElemPTO
🚨 PTO new email 📨 firstname.lastname@example.org
March 9th - Virtual Learning Day
Pickerington Schools will be converting Wednesday, March 9, 2022, to a virtual learning day for students. While March 9, 2022, will be a virtual asynchronous learning day for our students, our teachers will be using this much needed time to analyze student data and parental feedback, meet in Teacher Based Teams, and/or complete other critical professional responsibilities as we begin the final ‘push’ for the 2021-2022 Academic Year.
Students will be able to access their asynchronous assignments through Google Classroom or SeeSaw, but given that this day is intended to be for teacher professional responsibilities and data analysis, there will be no requirement for teachers to hold office hours on March 9th via Google Meet.
We recognize that this year has been challenging, and the Pickerington Education Association (PEA) and Pickerington Schools District Leadership Team are working in conjunction to provide our teachers with the time needed to increase student achievement and meet our educational goals.
VLA Enrollment for 2022-2023
Dear Pickerington Families,
Enrollment for the Pickerington Schools’ Virtual Learning Academy for the 2022-2023 school year will open Thursday, February 24th (at 9:00 AM) and close on Friday, March 11th.
The VLA is a fully virtual option for students in grades 1-8 and a partially virtual option for students in grades 9-12.
There is a one-year commitment for enrolling in the VLA. There are no transfers in or out of the VLA in the middle of a semester.
Pickerington Schools partners with APEX and Edmentum to provide curriculum and teachers in a virtual setting. The majority of the work is self-paced and teacher access is limited.
If you are interested in learning more about the Pickerington Schools’ VLA please view the Virtual Learning Academy page at: https://www.pickerington.k12.oh.us/virtual-learning-academy/
Also, available (starting at 9:00 AM on 2/24/2022) on the VLA site is the waitlist/registration form that needs to be completed if you would like your student to be placed on the waitlist for VLA for the 22-23 school year. In addition to completing the form, parents and students are required to attend an in-person orientation. Information about the dates, times and locations of the orientation sessions is on the VLA website.
If you have any questions, please email those to VLA@plsd.us
Executive Director of Instructional Technology & Innovation
Principal - Virtual Learning Academy
SAVE THE DATE - Family Reading Night 📖
Kona Ice is Coming!
🌈 Rainbow of Reading Week
📚 Book Drive 📚
Parent Drop-off UPDATE
Parent drop-off will begin letting students into the building at 8:50 am.
These protocols are in place to keep your child safe and our school day on time. Please be mindful of them when dropping off/picking up your student. My hope is that you, the families, take the time to review these protocols to ensure the safety and learning of our students.
- Students should not be dropped off at the front of the building before 9:15 am. You must use the parent pick-up line if you are choosing to drive your student to school.
- Walking families, please do not have your student arrive before 9:05 am, we have no one supervising until 9:05 am. Too many students arrive and stand outside (even with freezing temps) waiting to come into the building at 9:05 am.
- If you are driving your student to school you MUST get in the parent drop-off line regardless of your normal routine.
- If you come after 9:15 am, you will need to come to the front of the building and sign your student in. Please do NOT drop your students off and have them walk up by themselves, you need to sign them in.
- If our teachers on drop-off duty shut the door as you are pulling up, please understand that they are not being rude, but rather following our protocols. They have students to instruct starting at 9:15 am.
- Students should not be picked up from the office between 3:45 pm and 4:15 pm. The buses need the bus lane clear and open to pull up.
- If you are changing how your student gets home you must send in a note (email, handwritten, phonecall) describing the change. Too often students claim they are parent pick up just to have no one come and get them. No note means we will proceed as usual.
- When you use the pick-up line, please keep your hanging sign visible until your student enters your vehicle. This will help our teachers direct your student to the proper vehicle
Early Dismissal and End of day changes:
- All changes or early dismissal need to be communicated to our office staff by 3:30 pm
I truly do appreciate all that you do for your students. Thank you to those who consistently follow the protocols to keep the lines moving..only turning right at the "short-cut" exit, having your student ready to hop out of the car and head into the building, and those that wave to me, Mr. Z, when I am out and about during these times.
SAVE THE DATES! 📅
*Dates & Times are subject to change*
3/3-3/20 - Foertmeyer Flower Sale
3/16 - PTO Meeting 7p
4/2 - Family Fun Night Chiller-Easton
4/20 - PTO Meeting 7p
TBD - Penny Wars
5/2 - Foertmeyer Flower Pickup
5/2 - Family Fun Night 5-8pm
5/19 - 4th Grade Pizza Party
5/20 - LAST DAY OF SCHOOL
Roosters Fun Cards Roosters Fun Cards are on sale for $5.00 each while supplies last. The card is good for 10% off any dine-in Roosters location, seven days a week and it expires December 31, 2022. *Cash or check to PE PTO.*
Parent/Teacher Conference Night Dinner
PTO is providing dinner for teachers for Parent Teacher Conferences on Thursday, March 3rd. We are asking for your help with providing drinks and treats. Please sign up using the sign up genius link and then deliver all items to the school by Tuesday March 1st.
Support our school just by shopping!
Our school code is: 169833
Shop at Schoolstore.com
This program will run all year and will help Pickerington Elementary keep our PBIS initiatives like Stripes' GRRR buck store, as well as teacher support and appreciation. Thank you for always supporting our school!
Pickerington Elementary Staff "Shout Out"
Has a Pickerington Elementary staff member gone above the call of duty to ensure your child has had an amazing day, week, month or even a year? 😁 Please take a moment to let us know by completing the form below. Pickerington Elementary is very fortunate to have an outstanding staff that loves working with your children. We all need a little “pat on the back” from time to time. We will make certain that this commendation is delivered to the appropriate staff member and that they are properly recognized.