Cougar Courier Times
Kutz Elementary School's Bimonthly Newsletter
April 29, 2016
The following are quick reminders and/or deadlines for upcoming events:
- Kutz Day - Monday, May 9th
- Student Council Meeting - Friday, May 13th - 8:15AM
- Kutz Spirit Day - Crazy Hat & Sock Day - Friday, May 13th
- Kutz Spring Fair - Saturday, May 14th - 12PM - 4PM
- Kutz H&S Association Newsletter
New Song "Super Dominic" - Written and recorded for Dominic
Children’s music composers and performers Mr. Steve & Miss Katie are donating 100 percent of the proceeds from their new song Super Dominic to the Liples family of Doylestown, Pennsylvania.
The song Super Dominic was written by husband and wife duo Steve and Katie Piperno, who are neighbors of the Liples, and also Kutz parents.
Home & School Elections
The Kutz H&S has open co-president and co-treasurer roles for next year. Both roles are 2- year commitments.
The co-president position involves working with the other co-president and H&S board to organize and oversee the H&S events for the school year.
The co-treasurer position, in addition to working with the overall board in planning and helping with H&S events, mainly involves handling (collecting/depositing) incoming funds for H&S events, as well as overseeing cash boxes at school events.
Ballots will be sent home next month for voting.
2016-2017 Class Placement Information
Student Information forms must be returned by Friday, May 6, 2016. Parents will learn of class placement on Move-Up Day, June 13, 2016. Forms not submitted by the return date may not be able to be considered.
Click here for the placement letter and form.
2016-2017 Kindergarten Registration
School Board Briefs - April 26, 2016
At the April 26, 2016 School Board meeting the Central Bucks School District School Board:
- Heard the Holicong 9th Grade Chorus performance before the School Board meeting.
- Approved the minutes of the April 12, 2016 School Board meeting.
- Heard the Superintendent’s Report:
- Certificate of Achievement presented to Mr. Joseph Brereton, Principal, Simon Butler Elementary School for outstanding leadership and dedication and in honor of the designation as 2016-2017 Pennsylvania National Distinguished Principal
- Consideration to Adopt the 2016-2017 Proposed Final Budget
- Approved the Treasurer’s Report and Summary of Fund Disbursements for the month of March 2016.
- Approved the April 15, 2016 and April 21, 2016 General Fund check disbursements; and the April 7, 2016 Capital Fund check disbursements.
- Approved the Resolution for the 2016-2017 Proposed Final Budget and advertisement notice.
- Tabled the authority given to the administration to take all actions necessary to defease (prepay) construction debt not to exceed a total cost of $30,000,000 for further discussion.
- Approved the general supply purchases as follows:
- General Teaching Supplies
- General Art Supplies
- Secondary Art Supplies
- Physical Education Supplies
- Science Supplies
- Technology Education General Hardware Supplies
- Team Sports Equipment and Supplies
- Approved construction contracts as follows:
- Contract to Musco Lighting to replace the stadium light poles at War Memorial Field to include the demolition of the existing light poles and bases in the amount of $584,796. Keystone Purchasing Contract #KPN-201302-01.
- Contract to Barb-Lin to replace flooring at Buckingham ES, Groveland ES, Kutz ES, and Unami MS in the amount of $71,351.
- Contract to Wright Flooring to replace flooring at CB West HS in the amount of $9,587.
- Contract in the amount of $11,500 to Snyder Hoffmann to conduct an engineering study to determine the cost of air conditioning the remaining schools.
- Resolution to designate an Agent for CBSD to work with PEMA to recover some of the snow removal costs for the January 2016 blizzard.
- Development Agreement with Plumstead Township for the Gayman site project.
- Memorandum of Development Agreement with Plumstead Township for the Gayman site project.
- Approval of a Storm Water Facilities Agreement with Plumstead Township for the Gayman site project.
- Approved a school boundary assignment for a new housing development in WarwickTownship.
- The administration is recommending the attendance boundary for Bridge Valley Elementary School be amended to include the Warwick Mill Development, located near the intersection of School Road and Mill Road. This development is currently in the Warwick Elementary School attendance boundary.
- Tabled School Board Policy 127 – Assessment System, School Board Policy 137 – Home Education Programs, School Board Policy 217 – Graduation Requirements, and School Board Policy 823 – Naloxone Administration In Schools, so that the proposed policies can be posted online for public review.
- Ratified the contract between Central Bucks School District and the Central Bucks Educational Support Professional Association effective July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2021.
- Approved a “Settlement Agreement and Release” between Jeanann A. Kahley and the Central Bucks School District.
- Approved various personnel items, student trips, foreign exchange student, and staff conferences/workshops.
- Received Sabbatical Leaves of Absence as an information item.