November Newsletter 2023-24
Nov 7th PTO Meeting - 5:30pm in the lobbyNov 8th Veterans Day Assembly 8:30am
Nov 10th No School Veterans Day
Nov 22nd Early Release 11:55am
Nov 23rd No School Thanksgiving Break
Nov 24th No School Thanksgiving Break
Dec 5th PTO Meeting 5:30pm
Dec 12th Band Concert in the cafeteria
Dec 13th Choir Winter Concert in the cafeteria
Dec 14th Orchestra Concert in the cafeteria
Dec 15th Early Release 11:55am for Winter Break
Dec 18th - Jan 2nd Winter Break
Jan 3rd First Day Back To School 7:55am
October Students of the Month
Girls Basketball Schedule
Nov 8th At Monticello Vs Castle Rock
Nov 13th At Monticello Vs Coweeman
Nov 15th At Mt Solo
Nov 20th At Hockinson
Nov 27th At Monticello Vs Jemtegaard MS
Nov 29th At Castle Rock
Dec 4th At Coweeman
Dec 6th At Monticello Vs La Center
Last Game Cross Over TBD
Nov 13th At Canyon Creek MS
Nov 15th At Monticello
Nov 20th At Monticello
Nov 27th At Mt Solo
Nov 29th At Monticello
Dec 4th At Hockinson
Dec 7th At Huntington (league championship 2nd group)
Dec 9th At Mark Morris (league championship 1st group)
Girls Basketball Pictures
Clubs & Activities
- Meets twice a month on Wednesdays. Please stop by Ms. Jodi's room (103-A) to sign up and get more information. Next meeting is Nov 22nd.
- Meets on Thursdays from 2:30-3:00pm in Room 200. Please stop by Mrs. Peterson's room (200) for more information.
- See Mr. Rios in the office if you are interested.
- Fridays from 2:30-3:30. See Mrs. Anderson in room 208 to pick up a permission slip.
- Mondays starting November 13th. Please stop by Mrs. Flint's room (150) to sign up and get more information.
- Interested in being a part of Monticello's Knowledge Bowl team and compete against other schools? Stop by the office to sign up. Practices will start in January.
Monticello Spirit Wear
Below is a link to our online store.
School Assembly Nov 22nd
- Be Responsible
- Be Respectful
- Be Safe
- Be A Learner
We are a PBIS school which means we try to reinforce positive behaviors. We will be holding a school assembly on November 22nd for students that exhibit the 4Bs and do not receive a major office referral from Nov 9th to Nov 22nd.
During the assembly, the volleyball team will play the football team in a game of volleyball. The winner will play against the staff. There will be other activities as well. It is a fun event before the Thanksgiving break.
Families Encouraged to Complete Meals Program Information
Click here to download English Version
Click here to download Spanish Version
If you need help completing the form, please reach out to our school liaison.
Mr. Rios 360-575-7797
This year, the state has made it possible for all students to receive free breakfast and lunch at school. Normally, free lunches are determined by family income. However, we are encouraging all families to continue to complete the meal application. Completing the forms is simple and confidential. There are no citizenship requirements for participation and immigration status is not requested or disclosed. There are a few reasons that we are requesting that you still complete the application.
- The information helps students access district or community reduced benefits
- The information may be used to qualify students for 202-22 school year and summer P-EBT program if the programs are extended.
- School Funding - Monticello receives additional funding based on the percentage of free and reduced lunch population. This funding has been very helpful in providing additional supports for our students in the way of academic intervention.
Skyward Access To Check Grades
Skyward Family Access is an online tool that gives families the opportunity to participate more fully in their students’ education. It offers up-to-the-minute student information, including attendance, schedules, food service balances and immunizations. It also includes a calendar and message center.
If you have not yet obtained a username, submit an application to a school where you have a student attending. Your username will work for all active students living in your household. Each guardian may have a separate user name and password. Click here for a link to skyward family access.
If you have any questions at all regarding your child's progress or classes, you are encouraged to reach out to your child's teachers.
We believe we make a difference in the lives of our students by providing a safe and supportive environment where ALL students receive a high-quality, comprehensive education that inspires them to become life-long learners and equips them with the skills and knowledge to succeed in high school and beyond.