There are also many "Junior Days" during the months of March and April. Click here and scroll to the bottom of the page for a calendar with those college visit opportunities listed. You can click on the event you would like to attend and get a link to register for the event. Students can also look for college visit opportunities or set up an individual college visit by going to the college website.
NHS Students get 2 days per year to go on a college visit that do not count against your attendance days. A parent needs to call the attendance office prior to the event and say the student is going on a college visit.
Wayne State College
Northeast Community College
University of South Dakota
Remaining Testing Dates:
April 9, 2016 - Deadline to register without a late fee is March 4th.
June 11, 2016 - Deadline to register without a late fee is May 6th.
Click on this button to go to the Counseling Center's College Planning Website.
- Most scholarships are given by the college you apply to. That is why we encourage students to apply to colleges the fall of your senior year. Some scholarships are given just by the information that provided on your college application. Others require admission to the college and a separate application form.
- Other scholarships can be found on online scholarship searches. Go to the websites page on our college planning website for a list of good online searches.
- Scholarships that we receive information about are listed in order of due date on the list of scholarships page.
- Students should have a folder were they keep scholarship application information, updated activities resume, and recommendations. This will be very beneficial when you have many scholarship deadlines at the same time.
- During the senior year, many national or state wide scholarships will come out. During the months of February - April, we see a lot of local scholarships. We strongly encourage students to apply to the local scholarships because you are not competing against as many other applicants.
NHS Counseling Center
Brandi Bartels E-K
Heather Marotz L-Ri
Kendra Marshall Ro-Z
Connie Ingram - Administrative Assistant