-Demonstrating your progress or how you increased your knowledge.
-Paper Vs. Electronic
-Access from anywhere
-Students is not storing their work
e-Portfolio and Portfolio
What is a e-Portfolio?
An eportfolio can be a web-based information management system that uses electronic media and services. The learner builds and maintains a digital repository of artifacts, which they can use to demonstrate competence and reflect on their learning. ePortfolio is a purposeful collection of information and digital artifacts that demonstrates development or evidences learning outcomes, skills or competencies.
- An electronic portfolio (also known as an eportfolio, e-portfolio, or digital porfolio) is a collection of electronic evidence assembled and managed by a user, usually on the Web. Such electronic evidence may include inputted text, electronic files, images, multimedia , blog entries, and hyperlinks.
What is a Portfolio?
-A portfolio is a collection of documents and writing that you assemble in order to demonstrate that you have the appropriate prior and experiential learning to earn university level credit.
e-Portfolio - Who uses them and why?
- Because the collection of work provides a powerful and comprehensive digital resume of the multiple intelligences of an individual, as a linguist, an artist, a scientist, a mathematician, an athlete, a reflective learner, a self learner, or a cooperative learner.
- Because a longitudinal view of a learner’s work paints a picture of growth, progress, and continuity over time that the learner can collect, select, and reflect upon to present a profile of accomplishment based on evidence.
Different types of e-Portfolio and Portfolio
- Be free
- Able to access on every electronic devices ( Computer, Tablet, Laptop )
- Be able to store work produce in all class ( Text, Image )
- Contain section/pages for all MYP subject
- Having a homepage (MUST HAVE) and a good URL
- Having 8 Subjects
- Having A C&S and MIA Page
- Able to access from anywhere
Survey Gizmo and giving me feedback of what I am going to change and if my website is free or not.
- Is the the product able to access by laptop, tablet
- Is the explanation enough
- Is the explanation understandable
- Is the product free