Smart Notebook Training
You have a SmartBoard, now what?
SmartBoards can be amazing tools in the classroom, particularly when paired with the Smart Notebook software. Teachers have been telling us they'd like more direction and support when it comes to using Smart resources in the classroom, so we've designed a new type of training experience: badge walls!
If you have received this message in error and don't have a SmartBoard, feel free to ignore!
What's a Badge Wall?
Basically, a badge wall provides teachers the opportunity to learn what they need to know when they need to know it. As you learn new skills, your badge wall will fill up. Not only does it help you keep track of where you are in your learning, but you can also feel a sense of accomplishment as you earn those badges.
Why Not Do a Training Session?
- Everyone needs something different. Some of you have used Smart Notebook for years. Others are at the beginning stages. This lets everyone start where they're comfortable.
- Not everyone is ready to learn at the same time. Some of you are early morning learners, others are night owls. Some like to stay late at school and others don't. Making the materials available this way allows teachers to learn when and where they choose.
How Do I Start?
- Use your Chrome browser and visit: www.google.com/classroom.
- When you get there, if you are given a choice, choose TEACHER instead of student.
- You should see a class called "Smart Notebook Training." Click Join. If not, follow the steps below:
- At the top right, look for the + next to your username. Click the + and choose Join Class.
- Enter the code: zxk5pa7
What Do I Do?
- Watch the introductory video below (or in Classroom).
- Open your assignment (Classroom automatically creates your own copy of the badge wall).
- In the second sheet (called Smart Notebook), you will see a list of skills that teachers who are experienced Smart Notebook users should have. Check off any skills you have by placing an X in the box next to it. As you check off the skills, your badge wall on the first sheet will automatically update.
- For any skills you haven't yet mastered (or aren't sure about), click the name of the skill and you will be directed to a resource to teach you about it.
- That's it! No need to turn anything in or update your badge wall!
Getting Started With Badge Walls (Smart Notebook)