November 16, 2018
How we can HELPFUL Champions in November!
PE CARES FOOD DRIVE - We will be collecting canned and boxed or bagged foods to give to the Holton Community Center. The top 2 teams bringing in the most food will be able to have a pizza party and bowling at Hudsonville Lanes. We will collect food items from November 5-19. Let's help our community!
2. BRING IN NEW OR GENTLY USED (CLEAN) WINTER COATS, BOOTS, GLOVES AND SNOWPANTS. GOAL = 300 ITEMS
Winter is coming! We will be collecting new or gently used (clean) winter coats boots, gloves and snowpants. As a school, we would like to collect at least 300 items to give to kids in need in Holton, MI. We will collect cold weather clothing items from November 5-19. Let's help our neighbors!
Count on Me-Alward Students and Staff Making a Difference
- The Alward Parent-Teacher Club is looking for parents interested in helping with activities this year. We have lots of opportunities to help, and many are outside the school day. Please complete our quick, online Parent Profile and let us know what skills you can share and when you are availalble: https://tinyurl.com/AES1819ParentProfile
- Leadership Opportunities
- Book Fair - we need two people to work with Kristin Stoub and Tami Carter this year and learn the job, taking over responsibilities for 2019-2020.
- Santa's Secret Shop - we need two people to work with Katie Van Kempen and Tricia DeGroot this year and learn the job, taking over responsibilities for 2019-2020.
- Carnival Raffle - We need someone to contact local businesses and coordinate donations for the Raffle we hold at Carnival. You also get to run the drawings and announce the winners at Carnival :D
Ski and Board Club
NEW this year! Hudsonville Ski club is available to elementary students and families! The Hudsonville Ski & Board Club's purpose is to give HPS students and parents the opportunity to Ski and Board by offering a Club Discount Card to Bittersweet in Otsego.
We are pleased to offer this online registration process.
Step 1: Fill out the required online information on this website
Step 2: Make checks payable to Hudsonville Public Schools and deliver payment to the Elementary, Middle School, or High School office of your choice. Please label envelope Hudsonville Ski and Board Club.
Ski and Board Club merchandise is also available online. Check out some of the great gift ideas for the upcoming Holidays!
3 Signup Deadlines:
1) Sunday Nov. 18 with Cards delivered before Thanksgiving Break
2) Friday, December 14 - Cards delivered before Christmas Vacation
3) Thursday, January 3 - Cards delivered Monday, January 7
Girls on the Run
The Program starts mid March and runs for 10 weeks. Girls meet after school at Alward. Please see the attached flier for all the details!
Registration Opens Nov. 1 - www.gotroac.org
We are still looking for a co-chair and coaches! If you are interested in being a co-chair or coach, please contact Carrie Dougherty @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disney's The Little Mermaid
Friday, Nov. 16th, 7pm
3370 Allen Street
Baldwin Street Middle School is proud to present their production of Disney's The Little Mermaid Junior on Friday, November 16 at 7:00 p.m., Saturday, November 17 at 7:00 p.m., and Sunday, November 18 at 4:00 p.m.. Tickets are $8.00 with children 2 and under free with a paid adult. Buy your tickets today on the Hudsonville Public Schools website (https://bit.ly/2yXha9L).
Disney's The Little Mermaid Junior - In a magical underwater kingdom, the beautiful young mermaid, Ariel, longs to leave her ocean home – and her fins – behind and live in the world above. But first, she'll have to defy her father, King Triton, make a deal with the evil sea witch, Ursula, and convince the handsome Prince Eric that she's the girl whose enchanting voice he's been seeking.
Wednesday, Nov. 21st, 8am to Friday, Nov. 23rd, 11pm
3811 Port Sheldon Street
Friday, Nov. 30th, 8am to Friday, Dec. 7th, 5pm
5227 Cherry Avenue
The Avon Store in Hudsonville is doing a give back to our school fundraiser. All we have to do is shop in store or through a catalog starting Friday, November 30th- Friday, December 7th. Catalogs and more information will come home November 30th. This is a great way to do some Christmas shopping and allow Alward to earn some money for our fun events planned this year!
Tuesday, Dec. 4th, 6:30pm
6610 36th Avenue Southwest
Friday, Dec. 14th, 12:15pm
3811 Port Sheldon Street
Wear Alward T-Shirts: Next Friday is an early release. Students are encouraged to wear their new navy blue Alward Champion t-shirts to show our unity as a school as we introduce the new theme for November and recognize our October Alward Champions!
Early Release Friday: Students will be dismissed at 12:15 p.m. on Friday. Please make sure to contact your child’s teacher if they need a sack lunch. If your child will have a change in transportation home, please email the office and the classroom teacher to ensure your child gets to the right place at the end of the day!