Festa di San Martino
Friday, November 8th, 6:00 PM at Casa Italiana
Viva, viva San Martin, viva el nostro re del vin!
Come to the Casa Italiana on November 8th at 6pm for a celebration of la Festa di San Martino, the Feast of Saint Martin. We will be breaking open the wine and roasting chestnuts for this fall tradition.
Tradition maintains that Martin of Tours, a Roman soldier, found himself before the gates of the city of Amiens one dreary autumn day. There, he and his soldiers came across a half-naked beggar, and in a impulsive act of compassion, Martin cut his cloak in half and shared it with the beggar. Miraculously it grew warmer and out came the sun. This was the first estate di San Martino, what is often referred to in English as an "Indian Summer."
$50 per person, $90 per couple, please call the Casa at 585-389-2468 to reserve your place!
- Antipasto: Antipasto freddo -- prosciutto, sopressata, olives, and Italian cheeses
- Primo Piatto: Spaghetti con salsa di pinoli -- spaghetti with pine nuts, tomatoes, and anchovies
- Secondo Piatto: Pollo oreganato con verdure -- oregano chicken with vegetables
- Contorno: Insalata verde -- Caesar salad
- Dolce: Torta di cioccolato e nocciola con contorno di zabaglione -- hazelnut chocolate cake with zabiglione on the side.
- Bread, water, wine, and roasted chestnuts included!