Sunday, December 6, 2020
Mrs. Hladun's Tidings
Taking time to purposefully slow down can be a powerful way for children (and adults) to reduce anxiety and be more present in the moment. Consider checking out our mindfulness page for resources that can help you take a literal and figurative deep breath. Your children are visiting the "Colt Neighborhood" during the announcements each week - ask them which visit they liked the best and review it together. All of our Neighborhood visits are available on the mindfulness page and on our YouTube page here (this is a link specifically to the Neighborhood playlist).
This week is bittersweet for our campus. This is typically the week we host our winter performances for grades 1-5. It's a special time of the year at LCES. Although we won't be able to gather this season, know that next winter, we'll plan to do the holidays big! Big thanks to Mrs. Adams for the work she is doing with her digital music lessons as well as her choir and musical theater groups to keep the spirit of singing alive! Did you see the article about her and the kids she's working with in the Lincoln News Messenger - check it out here!
This holiday season will be unlike others. Our team is working on ways to make the season jolly while maintaining social distance. Please help us keep our students and staff safe by ensuring your child wears a well fitted mask (a little wire at the nose seems to help them stay on better!) and that you keep your child home when there is any sign of illness. Please call our office to let us know if your Colt needs to stay home!
Monday - Old Town Pizza Dine Out!
Toy Drive - through Monday, 12/14
Sami's Circuit Family Night
If you are looking for ways to relax before school, during a break, or after school, check out our virtual calming corner and other mindfulness resources plus helpful tips for parents to support their child's anxiety - click here!
You can check out all of our Colt Neighborhood videos on You Tube here.
Non-School Days & District Calendar Links
NON-SCHOOL DAYS or SPECIAL DAYS
- Mon., 12/21-Mon., 1/4: Winter Break / no school
- Mon., 1/18: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day / no school
- Fri., 2/12-Mon., 2/15: Mini February Break / no school
- Fri., 3/26: Public Safety (PS) Day*
- Mon., 3/29-Fri., 4/2: Spring Break / no school
- Mon., 4/5: Public Safety (PS) Day*
- Mon., 5/31: Memorial Day / no school
- Fri., 6/11: Last Day of School
*Fri., 3/26 and Mon., 4/5 are Public Safety (PS) Days - PS days are non student and non teacher work days unless they are needed as make-up days for prior Public Safety closures (smoke, power outages, etc...)
Stay in Touch!
- Check our our website and our community calendar of activities; access PeachJar (our flier hub) directly here!
- Stay informed via ParentSquare here
- Download our free app and get notifications on your phone
- Follow us on Social Media (links above), including Instagram at @lcescolts
- Check us out on YouTube at http://youtube.com/c/JenniferHladunLCES