THE FAMILY ZONE
Equipping the Domestic Church/ISSUE 96/10.2.22
October is Respect Life Month
LIVE THE EUCHARIST
- Consider engaging in family service projects that benefit your community
- Have thoughtful conversations about the way fellow students are treated at school
- Pray for those who are incarcerated, lonely or without basic human needs
- Discuss why violence in our games, television, etc, are not acceptable
- Teach children to respect others in the way they behave, speak, and listen
- Pray that all life will be considered sacred
Click on the link below for the readings that you will hear at the Sunday Mass for the coming two weeks. This will give you a chance to prepare your heart and mind for full and active participation in Mass this weekend! For a Mass schedule in our diocese click on the grey button below.
Sunday Readings: https://bible.usccb.org/bible/readings/100922.cfm
Family Stories: Here are some stories about life being a special gift from God
- You are Special by Max Lucado
- If Only I Had a Green Nose by Max Lucado
- God Gave Us You by Lisa Tawn Bergren
Our bodies are a temple of the Holy Spirit according to the Scriptures. Here are ways you can keep the bodies, minds, and spirits of your family well!
Helping A Child to Understand People with Disabilities
- How do I feel when someone hurts my feelings?
- Does it hurt my friend's feelings when I ignore her offer to play?
- Does it hurt my classmate's feelings when I laugh because they fell off their chair?
- Does it hurt my grandma's feelings when I won't give her a hug because she is old and I am scared?
- Why is it wrong to stare at people who are different than me? What could I do that would be better?
- Does God love people who are different from me? Why do I sometimes think I am better than others?